Do I Need Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty? (photo)

I have been thinking about these changes for a while and was wondering if i needed to go all the way with rhinoplasty or just tip plasty? I dont know if the picture will do justice but you can sort of see that the bottom of my nose is lower and big and the bridge is lower. I was also wondering if I needed to remove cartilage from my ear or rib. Although i rather the ear... will it scar my ear? sorry about the bad picture i rather not have my picture on the internet........

Do I Need Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty?

+1

I think that tip refinement and dorsal hump refinement would produce a nice improvement with a closed rhinoplasty approach.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA   

Full rhinoplasty is the best option

+1

It is difficult to judge what you need with the limited view from your picture, however it looks like you need tip work as well as work on a dorsal hump, most patients will also benefit from I fracture to decrease the dorsal width. It is more logical to address all of this problems at once.

be sure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon member of the American society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty versus tip platy

+1

Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty, not a tip-plasty. It is important to make sure that the nose components are balanced with one another and you've accomplished your goals of narrowing the tip. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website for you to try, to get an idea of what is possible with rhinoplasty

Tip or whole rhinoplasty?

+1

Hi Minnad,

It needs a whole rhinoplasty.  It looks like you've had a previous nasal injury I think, with a poorly supported tip and a dip below the bony vault.  

When ready, a consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon in your area to examine you is the way forward to better understand your anatomy and reconstructive options.

Good luck.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Go all the way

+1

Doing the tip would definitely help, but there is a good chance when you reduce the tip it will make the bump on the nose look larger. I would recommend doing the whole thing to provide balance.

John Alexander II, MD

Do I need a rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Minnad123,

1. You would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty
  2. You should address the whole nose so it stays in balance with the rest of the face
  3. It would depend on your exam and what kind of results you want to decide whether you would need more cartilage
  4. If you need to build the bridge, you may need rib cartilage
  5. When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty specialist who can answer all of your questions and address your concerns

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD