Should I Have Rhinoplasty or Tip Plasty Done ?

I would like a finer tip an have smaller nostrils similar to Alicia keys Is that possible ?

Rhinoplasty or tip plasty

+1

Without any picture it is impossible to tell whether the patient would need just a tip plasty or a full rhinoplasty.  The tip plasty is performed on a select few individuals who have an otherwise great looking nose but just that the tip is unbalanced; usually bulbous compared to the remainder of the nose.  By simply performing a tip plasty the surgeon brings the tip into balance with the remainder of the nose.  In most cases an entire rhinoplasty is required so that the entire nose is balanced with itself and the remainder of the face.  

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Tiplasty for over 20 years and yes, this will thin the nasal tip.  Pictures, of your nose from the front/side/and from below would help in the evaluation.

Thinning the tip in Rhinoplasty is very reasonable.

+1

Exactly what needs to be done is a discussion that you and the rhinoplasty surgeon need to have.  It can be a subtle question.  Sometimes reducing the tip makes the bridge look wide.  There is no way to give an answer without a consultation.  Please protect yourself and see a Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and look at their results.  All the best.

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty--Best Results

+1

Remember changing one part of the nose effects the way the entire nose looks.  Sometimes it is possible to change only the tip only but sometimes not.  My recommendation to you is to find someone you trust and whose before and after photos you like and let them advise you.  They have had years of studying the nose and know what is possible.  You don't need to come up with the surgery--that is what the consultation is for!

vargas faceand skin

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinopalsty or tip plasty

+1

It all depends upon what you need. Photos would hve been helpful to sugget things to you,  Good luck with your decision.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Whe considering a rhinoplasty, agood surgeon must mentally go through all of the steps in a comlete rhinoplasty andthen if ok limit the procedure.You must obtain symetry

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

African American rhinoplasty.

+1

African American rhinoplasty requires a surgeon who has a great deal of experience with these noses. I would need to see your photos to give a worthwhile explanation.

Rhinoplasty to look like Alicia Keys

+1
I did not see any preoperative photographs posted with your question so it is impossible to answer correctly. If you do not want to post photographs on real self and re-submit then please feel free to send them personally to my website below and I will be happy to give an expert opinion. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD