Should I get a rhinoplasty or tip plasty along with my chin augmentation? (photo)

I am thinking of getting a chin augmentation and I know I will have to save up for this operation. I have read that getting chin surgery can make your nose look smaller but I'm not sure if my chin is causing my nose to look big or if it is actually too wide. If it is big, do you think I could get away with a tip rhinoplasty which is assumedly cheaper?

Should I get a rhinoplasty or tip plasty along with my chin augmentation?

+1

I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of what you may benefit from and how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty chin implant

+1

Hi LilyChin, I have viewed your pictures. It is very common to have both a rhinoplasty and chin implant done at the same time. Both will improve your profile. I would suggest that you have more than just the tip addressed. I would lower your bridge slightly as well as narrow the nasal bones. Of course the tip would be made smaller and more refined. Your nose is fairly short and lowering the bridge would lessen this appearance. When performing a rhinoplasty it is best to address the nose as a whole rather than just one part. This will result in a more natural appearing nose. Rhinoplasty and chin implant can both be performed under IV sedation and local anesthesia, no need for general. Hope this helps. Good luck.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

A chin augmentation along with a rhinoplasty complements the nose and facial features when a recessive chin is present. The chin implant can be performed as a stand-alone procedure, under local anesthesia. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic and are inserted through sub-mental approach. The rhinoplasty must be done under general anesthesia, but it is important to have specific goals in mind with the nose prior to undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure. A tip-plasty will simply narrow the tip cartilages, however the nasal bones will then probably be too wide, so osteotomies will most likely be required to narrow the bridge line . For many examples of the combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant in our practice please see the link below.

Combining rhinoplasty with Chin Implant

+1

A chin implant can sometimes make the nose seem smaller, and a rhinoplasty can certainly do this. Whether or not to have both operations depends on what bothers you about your nose and what you hope to accomplish. If you want a smaller nose on profile view- this will be difficult to do with a tip plasty alone.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty or Tip-plasty with Chin Augmentation

+1

Based on your pictures I would suggest a tip-plasty with your chin augmentation and perhaps limited liposuction under your chin. Consult with an experienced surgeon for an examination and explanation of your alternatives.

+1

Small chin implant with the rhinoplasty is a good concept to me. Best to discuss with your chosen boarded surgeon.//

#ChinImplant

+1

Your retruded chin is visible on a side view but I do not see much work is needed on your nose. Your nose is not big or wide. Before you go ahead with a tipplasty you should make sure you know exactly what you want changed. Doing a tipplasty just because it is cheaper than a rhinoplasty is usually not a good idea.If you have surgery without a specific goal in mind you will likely not be able to judge the result of the surgery fairly.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

I am not sure that I would alter the width of your nose as I think it suits you well, but I may feel differently after an exam. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant

+1

Thank you for this question. See a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon who has good experience with this. An in-person consultation will help decide what you need. It's possible that a chin implant alone could achieve what you are looking for- good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Nose and/or chin surgery.

+1

You would benefit from a chin implant more than a rhinoplasty. Your nose is very short and requires a surgeon who is very experienced so you do not end up with a piggy nose.