Can Tip Be Defined and Nose Wideness Decreased?

I've always wanted to have rhinoplasty and finally am going to start looking into going through with it after some research. Would I be a candidate for a procedure that can help how wide the base and sides of my nose are? I really hate how wide it is starting about midway down my nose and into the tip. Thank you!

Narrrowing the tip and sides of the nose.

+2

Yes, you can. There are many outstanding surgeons in Atlanta. This would commonly require a full rhinoplasty with lateral osteotomies to bring in the sides of the nose.

Rhinoplasty commonly narrows the nose and refines the tip

+1

What you are looking for is very common and is addressed with a simple rhinoplasty.  Obviously, you should see a qualified surgeon who can evaluate you in person to develop a plan for you. Good luck!

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Narrow Nose and Define Tip

+1

This is a frequent request by patients asking for rhinoplasty surgery. It is difficult to evaluate your nose when smiling. An experienced surgeon will discuss your expectations, which seem reasonable.

Rhinoplasty to decrease nose width and tip refinement

+1

The nasal bones can certainly be narrowed, and any hump can be removed during rhinoplasty. The narrowing of the nasal bones is done through osteotomies. Refinement of the tip cartilages can be performed from either a partial removal of the tip cartilages and actually sewing the tip cartilages together to give more of a pyramidal, refined, feminized change to the tip. It is important that the tip and bridge balance one another with the facial features. Look for a surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties and is comfortable performing those specific techniques regarding a rhinoplasty.

Width of the Mid-nose and Base

+1

Hi,

The width of your midnose is probably due to wide lower and upper lateral cartilages. These cartilages would have to be reconstructed to narrow them. It must be done properly otherwise you will end up with a breathing problem. The base of your nose would need to be narrowed as well.

Dr. S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Here's the skinny on nasal tips

+1

AKc,

In general a nasal tip can be refined, fullness in the can be improved in the cartilage area of the nose as well the width of the base of the nose can be narrowed. The general photos you sent are okay but several specific views are needed to evaluate the nose and to use in planning a rhinoplasty. The best thing to do is to have a couple of consultations by plastic surgeons to get recommendations concerning your nose.

Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Defining the tip and reducing nasal width.

+1

Both of these can be done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. The smiling photos you show make the nose look wider. We will assume that the tip and bridge are wide even when you are not smiling. Look at the surgeon's before/after photos as well as live patients to make sure you like his work. 

The tip of the nose and the alar base (nostrils) can be made narrower

+1

The tip of one's nose as well as the nostrils can be made narrower. However, they are only wide when you smile, it may be a function of how the muscles of the face attach to you nose. I suggest you see a rhinoplasty specialist to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

Smiling distorts the width of the nose in your photos,  So it is hard to tell if you need a rhinoplasty or not.  There are many outstanding surgeons in Atlanta whom you could visit to determine if you are a candidate.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS