Surgery for Thinner Nose with a Non-bulbous Tip?

I have always wanted a nose job but am afraid to come out looking fake. Truth is I am happy with my profile and the length of my nose. I am not happy with the width (too wide for most glasses to fit comfortably), or the bulbous tip. I am of middle eastern descent and want to keep my look (no ski-jumps), but also want it to be visably more refined. I am also getting dental work (invisalign) done and was wondering if I need to wait for that to be completed before I would be a candidate for surgery?

Rhinoplasty can thin nose and refine bulbous tip

+1

The nose can certainly be made thinner along the bridge and the tip. There are some tip-defining techniques that will feminize and refine the tip and the bridge. It is acceptable to have any dental work done such as Invisalign before, during, or after the rhinoplasty procedure. It is important to find a surgeon who has performed thousands of rhinoplasties so that the nose will look very natural and not fake or have the look of being “done”.

Finesse in Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery is always individualized. The patient and surgeon should decide what will and what will not be changed. Your nose can be narrowed without changing the profile. The dental work will not interfer with your nasal surgery. Procede confidently with a good, experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Rhinoplasty

+1

It is definitely possible for you to improve your nose while keeping your natural middle eastern look. The invisalign should not be an issue. You just want to avoid doing it right after surgery, as you will need to first recover from your rhinoplasty. A good surgeon will be able to tailor your rhinoplasty to your facial structure independent of any correction your teeth may need. I am a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who specializes in ethnic rhinoplasty. Please take a look at my website where you will find examples of ethnic rhinoplasties I have performed. In addition, please feel free to send me any more photos you have of your nose, and do not hesitate to ask me any questions you have regarding the surgery. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty should be an individualized procedure

+1

There is no reason that you can not accomplish narrowing of the upper part of the nose and the tip without reducing the profile. Profile reduction is a distinct surgical maneuver that can be omitted in cases like yours. In all my surgeries, there are variations on the patients' areas of concern which translate into subtle differences in how I do a particular case. These subtleties are the reason that patients should seek surgeons with am emphasis on their procedure of choice. Experience provides surgeons with the ability to vary technique and not produce 'cookie cutter' results.

The question of dental work comes up often. If tip work is being done, there should be a 1 month delay between Rhinoplasty and a dental procedure.

Best of luck.

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery can narrow your bulbous tip without lowering your bridge.

+1

I think you're an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery. Your tip cartilage needs to be reconstructed into a narrower less bulbous unit. I would also like to see a bit less nostril-show. You should find a board-certified, Rhinoplasty specialist with many natural, tip-plasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You certainly are a good candidate for rhinoplasty and could benefit from seeing a good surgeon to provide youwith a natural "non-plastic" looking result. It certainly can be performed around the same times as the invisaligns.

It looks like you would be a very good candidate for rhinoplasty

+1

From the photos you sent, I think you could have a very nice result and still not look "fixed." If glasses don't fit well, more than the tip of your nose needs to be refined. It is difficult to give specific details since a personal exam by a rhinoplasty specialist is really important. The doctor needs to touch your nose to feel the length of your nasal bones as well as the position and strength of your nasal cartilages. I suggest you seek out a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your goals. Personally, I think computer imaging helps a lot to see if you and your surgeon are on the same page.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty should help you achieve your goals and should be safe with Invisalign

+1

In order to achieve your goals of a more narrowed nose and refined tip, I believe that you would do best with a full rhinoplasty. This would involve reshaping the tip with removal of some cartilage and shaping with sutures. It might be appropriate to slightly thin the tissues of the nasal tip to provide more definition. To narrow the bridge of your nose, osteotomies (breaking the bones) would be necessary, and this could be done while still preserving your profile. Done well, the results will be noticeable yet natural to you, and subtle to friends and family.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Reducing a wide nose with bulbous tip while undergoing Invisalign (dental) correction

+1

If you want your nose narrowed where your eye glasses sit, you will have to have a full rhinoplasty with lateral osteotomies. There is no way around that, In regards to the nasal tip, contouring of the lower lateral cartilages with reduction and reshaping using stitches or grafts should achieve an excellent result.

The invisalign question depends on what is being done to your upper teeth which can later the appearance of the rotation of the nasal tip. I would discuss this with your surgeon.

Tip Rhinoplasty

+1

Looking at your photos, you have what I would define as a boxy,bulbous tip.  This needs to be refined.  The tip can be done without touching the dorsum.  The first rhinoplasty is the most important and hopefully the last one also.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD