Thinner, Natural-looking Nose from Rhinoplasty?

I am a bit concerned with the way my nose looks. It is somewhat large. I was just curious if you could make it thinner, without making it look too fake.

Natural-Looking Rhinoplasty

+1

The key to a natural looking rhinoplasty is to not over do a nose and to provide for nasal facial harmony and symmetry without causing a deformity. Rhinoplasty is the hardest operation in cosmetic surgery. It requires expertise from someone who is trained and has experience in rhinoplasty, either a Board Certified Otolaryngologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Thinner natural looking nose is possible

+1

The nose depicted in this picture certainly can be improved, narrowed, refined, and feminized through a traditional closed or open rhinoplasty approach. It can be made thinner without looking fake or artificial.

Yes it is possible.

+1

Yes you can have a thinner, natural appearing nose after nasal surgery. But you should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Don't go by computer imaging as that is not necessarily what you will get. See the actual work the surgeon does with before and long term after photos. My son can make you a great nose on the computer and he knows nothing about nasal surgery.

Rhinoplasty can give you a natural-looking, thinner nose

+1

Hi,

Probably the most common fear of people considering rhinoplasty is what you mention...looking too pinched or unnatural. You should see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will review computer imaging with you to give you a clear picture of what surgery can do for you.

The good news is that modern techniques can achieve anything from a subtle to a more dramatic narrowing and refinement of your tip with very little risk. You can have the thinner nose you're looking for without looking fake.

If done well, your nose should look like the nose you were meant to have, so natural for your face that no one will be able to point out what you changed.

Good luck.

Jason Litner, MD