Rhinoplasty to Thin, Flatten, and Slightly Upturn Nose? (photo)

My nose is very large compared to the rest of my facial features. I'd like to keep the same shape but then the front appearance of my nose and slightly flatten it so out doesn't stick so far off my face. I'd also like to have my nose be slightly upturned, somewhat like Amanda Seyfried's is in the picture below (perhaps not quite so much). How much would it cost for this sort of procedure and how long would it take to recover from it?

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

It is possible to deproject the nose and lift the nasal tip while leaving the nose in harmony with your other facial features and complementing your face. In general, the cost of a primary rhinoplasty is $10,000 - $15,000 depending on the individual circumstances of the patient. The initial recovery period is around 2 weeks. You will have a hard cast on your nose the first week followed by brown paper tape the second week.  Activity should be limited the first week after your surgery and gradually increased at the start of week two. Most patients go back to work after the two week point. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Rhinoplasty to thin and upturn the nose

+1

It is possible to slightly flatten and upturn the nose based on the photos you have provided.  However, an in-person consultation is recommended.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty to Thin, Flatten, and Slightly Upturn Nose

+1

A closed rhinoplasty could be used to thin the appearance of the nose and reduce projection as well as elevate the tip.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty to think flatten and slightly upturn nose

+1

From your photos, you look like an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty.  I agree with you that you should still look like yourself after surgery - the goal of rhinoplasty is to have your nose blend better with the rest of your face with subtle changes for a natural look.  

You will have a cast on your nose and probably some bruising for about a week after surgery.  I would refrain from doing any strenuous exercise for about 2 weeks after surgery.  

Dr. Catherine Begovic

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgery

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Rhinoplasty and recovery

+1

A rhinoplasty may be able to be performed to accomplish your goals. The recovery varies from individual to individual and most will be bruised for 7- 10 days.  Vigorous activityafter surgery is often delayed for 4-6 weeks.

Rhinoplasty for projecting nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can de-project the nose, give a slight upturn, prevent the tip from drooping when you smile,  shave the hump off the bridge and narrow the tip if necessary.  Cost for a rhinoplasty is $7-8000 dollars, which includes the operating room, anesthesia and surgeon's fee. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website  to give yourself a better idea of what you may look like afterwards

Thin, Flatten, and Slightly Upturn Nose?

+1

You need a rhinoplasty according to the measurements of your face, if the PS respect the measures, the result will be perfect.

Spanish translation provided by doctor: 

Usted necesita una rinoplastia de acuerdo a las medidas de su cara, si el CP respeta dichas medidas, el resultado sera perfecto.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are a great candidate for Rhinoplasty, a surgeon with good reputation and experience will help you achieve the nose you desire to balance out the rest of your features and your bone structure for a natural result.  In your case the cost will be between $7,000 and $9,000.  If you are interested you are welcome to come in for a complimentary consultation so you have an exact idea about the cost.  Recovery time will mean that you won't be prostrated in bed, you will go home after surgery, temporary bruising and swelling will occur but the degree and intensity/length will depend if you follow the indications by your surgeon and your ability to heal which is mostly genetics.  Some patients are bruised for 2 months and some are not bruised at all.

David Alessi, MD

Computer imaging is great for rhinoplasty

+1

Balance. Harmony. Proportion.  These are the key elements to rhinoplasty surgery.  The cost of the surgery varies, your best option is to book a consultation to see how you nose can be improved.  A computer imaging consultation will give you a great chance to visualize the new nose.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improvement of a Large Nose

+1

I have frequently heard the same complaint from many patients over the last 35 years. Your large nose can be reduced and shortened so it is consistent with   your excellent surrounding facial features. Despite your concerns about having a very big nose this is an operation of millimeters. Costs will vary between $7,000-9,000 depending on the experience of your surgeon.