Rhinoplasty of Thick, Flat and Wide Asian Nose? (photo)

Hi, I'm a Chinese girl, who has been very unhappy with my nose for many years. I think the skin on my nostrils are too thick and my nose is kind of pointing upwards like a pigs nose. Do you think a rhinoplasty will help on my problem? And in that case, what could be done? I really don't want to look unnatural, and just want to look a bit more harmonic. Right now I feel as if my nose is dominating my face. I deeply hope that you can help me with some good advice. Thank you for your time!

Creating refinement and harmony during Asian rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can help to address many of the aesthetic concerns you have with your nose.  Small changes to the tip and bridge of your nose will help make a significant improvement in the overall appearance.  

Asian Rhinoplasty can certainly improve the appearance of your nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty can certainly make your nose more attractive and harmonious, while looking natural.  Building your bridge (dorsal augmentation) to increase the height of your nose, and increasing the projection and definition of your tip, while counterrotating it (making it less like a pig), with possible narrowing of your nostrils (alar base modification), will help your nose blend better with your other facial features.  It's important to seek out a surgeon experienced with Asian rhinoplasty, and with an eye for Asian beauty.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

You Need Correction in the Four Basic Areas Addressed in the Standard Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

The short answer to your question is that you need a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in the Asian or Non-Caucasian rhinoplasty.  You have four basic areas that need attention, in my personal opinion.

1.  Your upper lip looks protruding, but in reality, it is in the right place and your nose is in a hole due to bi-maxillary retrusion.

2.  You lack tip definition and your columella is retracted up inside your nose. 

3.  You have a low dorsum or bridge on your nose.

4.  You have excessive nasal flare.

Several books have been written on the subject of each of the four areas above, so only your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon can help you cone down on the correct treatment for you.   

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Asian Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure in our office.  Depending on what you want to have done, an asian rhinoplasty will address your concens.It is important to achieve a natural appearance that fits the rest of your face.Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD