Can I Have a Rhinoplasty or The Non-Surigcal Rhinplasty? (photo)

My nose tip is quite big. But it looks sharp in the sides. I'm currently 19 and I'm planning to go to L.A. to get my nose job done in six months. I've always wanted to have a sharp and nice looking nose.

Rhinoplasty

+3

It is my professional opinion that you will benefit from having rhinoplasty. You have a small dorsal bump that should be rasped as well as the need for narrowing and getting some tip refinement. You stated that you will be coming to Los Angeles to have surgery, please phone my office and schedule a consultation with me. Let my staff know that you wrote into Real Self. I will examine you and do some photo morphing so you can see your expected results. We can then plan your procedure. If you want to stay closer to home be sure to consult with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.  

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+2

Dear Lee,

To get that sharp looking nose that you are looking for, you would need to have surgery.  A non surgical rhinoplasty is great for hiding bumps an lifting the tip a little bit.  Unfortunately, it does not do much to make the tip look more refined.  The other positive side to surgery is that the results will be permanent and you won't have to worry about the material going away over time.

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

It depends on what your nasal tip currently looks like and what you are trying to achieve.  If you are looking to better define your tip, for example if your tip is bulbous, a rhinoplasty is in order.  The non-surgical rhinoplasty is good for certain instances, such as a small nasal hump.  To better determine how to best achieve the results you seek, please consult with a board certified specialist.

Kimberly Lee, MD