How to Know the Rhinoplasty Result Will Be 100% What I Am Looking for?

It may sound a little impossible to answer but this is the main concern i have in my mind right now: i had 2 consultations with the 2 best surgeons in San Diego. I think they are the best based on references, years of experience and after i saw pictures of their work. Now, how do i really know which one to choose? And how do i know i won't get a bad result? What if something would go wrong? thank you

Choosing between two excellent rhinoplasty surgeons

+2

There never is any guarantee with regard to rhinoplasty. It sounds like you did your homework quite diligently. Select the one that you feel most comfortable with - and it may even be just a gut feeling.

No 100% guarantees in plastic surgery

+2

You have done your due diligence in researching down to these 2 doctors.  Neither can give you 100% perfection, especially in rhinoplasty surgery where they tiniest differences show.  Also, each will give you a slightly different result because no 2 surgeons are the same and no 2 techniques are the same.  Look at lots of photos of their patients who are as close to you as possible and then go with your gut instinct.  But go for 90% perfection and you will probably be happy, but never expect 100%.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+2

Hi

If you like their work, have spoken to some of their recent patients and you feel comfortable with the surgeon - thats about all you can do. Make sure you have computer imaging to show you what your nose will look like after the surgery. The surgeon should be pretty confident that he/she can produce those results.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty expectations

+2

If you have consulted with 2 surgeons, you have seen their work, and you like then both, choose the one you feel most comfortable with, and whose sense of aesthetics is in line with yours.

Regardless of who you choose, no reputable surgeon can guarantee results from surgery. Surgery always carries a risk of potential adverse events. However, by choosing an experienced surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty, your chances of a good outcome are maximized.

Best tof luck,

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

No guarantees in life or surgery.  Go to Dr. A. Moradi in San Diego; he's the best. 

Ramtin Kassir, MD

+1

Be sure that the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you choose understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.  IMHO, it's combination of what the patient wants tempered with the proper aesthetics, of beauty, that dictate what will make them the most attractive.  Experience is a given however experience with improper aesthetics does not yield a more attractive result.

Great question - the answer is "you can't".

+1

Rhinoplasty, more than any other cosmetic procedure, requires that the surgeon and patient set realistic goals. The nose should be a more pleasing shape and more in concert with what the patient wants after surgery. But it will never be 100% of what the patient's ideal is. The surgeon should not overpromise. At surgery he or she should do what is reliable, achieves improvement, and carries the least possible risk. Excellence is often achievable, but perfection never is.

Michael Godin, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Picking a plastic surgeon for rhinoplasty surgery

+1

It is important to pick a surgeon, for any procedure, that you can work with and who understands your goals and expectations.  If your expectations are unreasonable then any good surgeon will tell  you that your goals can not be met.   This is all part of the consultation process.   

Rhinoplasty and Expectations?

+1

If you are going into surgery expecting the results to be 100% “what you are looking for”,  then there is a high likelihood that you will be disappointed with the results of surgery. As a matter of fact, if I were  seeing a patient with these kinds of expectations I would not offer him/her the procedure.  I tell patients that “perfect” is not achievable,  and if I sense that the patient does not understand this concept I won't do the procedure.

I'm  glad that you are doing your due diligence in your selection of plastic surgeon;  you may also want to work on achieving realistic expectations. Both factors will be important if you wish to be satisfied with the end results of the surgery.

Selecting Surgeon for Perfect Rhinoplasty Result

+1

You have done what all rhinolasty patients should do before surgery - you have been conscientious in doing your  homework. I think you will probably get an excellent result with either surgeon. There is no guarantee with any procedure by any surgeon. Be careful, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.