Can I Have 3 Rhinoplasty, Considering That the 2nd One Include Osteotomies? (photo)

hi, i've 2 rhinoplasty till now..the 1st one doesn't include osteotomies ,and after 2 years i have my second rhinoplasty that include narrowing the nasal bones..but after 6 weeks post op i can say it narrowed by 20 % and my nose still wide......(it's like the dr narrow only the black arrow in the pic and dosnt work on the green arrow)....so can i have a 3rd rhinoplasty to narrow the bones or its not allawed to narrow the bones again...and would the dr make cuts in the 2arrows or only the green

Osteotomies in Revision Rhinoplasty

+2

Thanks for the question. Photos would certainly be helpful in getting a better understanding of your situation. Lateral osteotomies, roughly approximated by that green arrow in your photo, can be performed during your revision rhinoplasty, regardless of whether osteotomies were performed during your prior surgery. The osteotomies must be made carefully, as the nasal bones are fragile, so you should seek a consultation with surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty. It's possible that both medial and lateral osteotomies may be needed, but I would need to see photos of your nose or preferably, examine you in person, to provide a complete answer for you.

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple nasal osteotomies can be dangerous

+2

Performing multiple nasal osteotomies can be very challenging, especially when done for cosmetic reasons. If improved cosmesis is your goal, then I would recommend providing some photos for a better evaluation. You may get the result you are looking for by adding tissue in the form of cartilage, bone, or diced cartilage grafting for improvement. Restalyne and juvederm may also be used for more subtle deformities.

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Is this a joke?

+1

A picture of an anatomical specimen shows obsession not correct evaluaton. Only your photos help a legitimate revision specialist help you. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.