I'm considering rhinoplasty. What would the experts suggest? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 25 year old woman and dislike my nose. I am petite and it seems to overpower my face, in my opinion. If it were straight from bridge to tip (on top and on sides) and perhaps a little bit shorter, I think it would look better. I don't mind it being larger than normal but if it weren't bulbous at the end I think I would feel more comfortable. I am not wealthy, but my biggest concern is that whatever procedure I choose would have negative consequences as I age. Thanks

Rhinoplasty and possible chin implant

+1
Unfortunately, your side view photographs do not include your chin. A chin implant can be done to decrease the prominence of the nose. You need the tip refined but more than that I cannot say without a more thorough examination. The cost for rhinoplasty is approximately $8,000. A chin augmentation would cost another $2,000. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can make the nose more refined and smaller to fit the patient's facial features. This can be accomplished by shaving down the dorsal hump, while osteotomies will narrow the nasal bones and tip suturing techniques will narrow the bulbous nasal tip. For many examples please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery and price list

Rhinoplasty options

+1

Find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon that can perform the appropriate changes you are looking for. The shape and size of the nose should complement your facial features and your height.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty by an experienced specialist will give you a natural result that will appear natural the rest of your life. Our faces , including our noses, change as we age but your nose will always look better.

Considering a Rhinoplasty?

+1

The areas that concern you can be realistically improved.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Can a bulbous nose tip be improved with rhinoplasty?

+1

The nose is a 3-D sculpture, it needs structure and needs refined curves. If the nose projects from the face too much or has a bump it may be seen as "too big". IF the nasal tip is too broad there can be an imbalance suggesting coarser features. The most important advice is that the nose must tip top to bottom and side to side and fit the face.

Can a broad or bulbous tip be changed? Yes. There are many techniques to "refine" the tip and knowing which one is best is very important. Options include: sewing the cartilages together, reducing the "width" of the tip, adding a graft to make the tip project more or reshaping the existing cartilages. There is not a single technique for every nose.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery

+1

Knows nose no's, unfortunately your photos are not too helpful. Should you want to have your nose done see a specialist. Visit with at least 3 different surgeons with years of experience. Look at their photos and if you like the results and feel comfortable with the consult then you are on the right path.

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for slight hump , bulbous tip , etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for slight hump , bulbous tip , etc. can be done to give u what you want. See a surgeon who does NATURAL noses. The nose will not change over time except as we age with or without surgery.

Rhinoplasty surgery to refine a large nose

+1

Your nose is structurally beautiful but if it does not fit your face then you have perfect reason to consider rhinoplasty surgery. Visit with several surgeons who specialize in nose surgery to determine who can give you a long-lasting result that is both functional, natural, and cosmetically appealing.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to a cuter more feminine nasal appearance.

+1

At this point, it may be best for you to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what may be achieved after rhinoplasty surgery.

I wish you well.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon