Rhinoplasty No Swelling?

I had closed rhinoplasty 9 days ago to remove hump slim nasal bones and refine the tip. My cast has been off for a day (with only tapes left on my nose) but my nose does'nt seem to have any swelling what so ever which i am surprised but pleased about. The tip is very defined and my nose looks perfect! my question is will my nose suddenly swell or is this how it will stay? Could the tapes be causing the nose not to swell? Thanks

Healing After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is great to know that you are healing well and are happy with your result. It is possible that you may not have any swelling after your procedure as everyone does heal differently. The type of procedure (open vs. closed) and the amount of surgery that is performed can also influence the healing process. With that being said, it is normal to see changes in terms of healing and swelling take place during the course of the next year after surgery.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Depending on the approach (open vs. closed) and the extent and types of techniques used, you could have little to no swelling after surgery.  The tape helps a bit, but usually your nose is most swollen around 1 week after surgery so I don't suspect it will change significantly for you as long as you stick to the prescribed post-op regimen.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery does not always result in swelling

+1

Dear Kayla,

Rhinoplasty surgery does not always have a lot of swelling. Most of my patients see an immediate result and the majority of swelling dissipates quickly. You may have some more swelling when the tape is removed however this will probably be slight swelling that will resolve in the first few months. It does take an entire year to see your full actual result. For some patients this may be more extreme then when their splint is removed and for others close in proximity. Skin thickness also plays a part in healing and the procedures that were needed during the rhinoplasty surgery in order to provide the proper aesthetic and functional results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD