11 Months Post Rhinoplasty Swelling?

About eleven months ago, i did got through total rhinoplasty. The doctor spent most time to reduce the tip. I had big bulbous tip, with thick nasal skin. He was a famous and good doctor and told me my nose will becomer smaller, especially the tip. Now after 11 and half months i can't se changes in the tip. The tip round and hard, round like a clow. I got uneven nosestrills one is more thick and more uggly. I am not happy, can this be swolllen, or is my result bad?

Asymmetry 11 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Martin,

Usually, the swelling should subside completely after a year of your Rhinoplasty unless you have a thick skin; then you should add couple of more months.

I recommend that you have a little more patience as to the subject. If you were to remain unsatisfied with the results then considering a revision would be your best best.

Rhinoplasty revisions are more delicate than the primary surgery and they are best performed by surgeons of ample experience in that field.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tip 11 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without examining you or seeing pictures it is difficult to answer your question. In thick skinned patients I've seen improvement over 18 months after a rhinoplasty.  Firmness is a sign of swelling which may improve over the next 8-9 months.

Unacceptable tip 1 year following rhinoplasty.

+1

I am sorry things did not work out as you would have liked.  At this time I recommend visiting with your surgeon.  Hopefully, he or she is in the habit of taking standardized photos and you can sit down to critically assess the preop and postop photos in an unbiased fashion.  This is the best way to determine what changes have actually taken place, both favorable and unfavorable.  I would discuss with your surgeon what you are not satisfied with and what options are available at this point.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal issues

+1

At 11 months after rhinoplasty, you should be close to the complete resolution of swelling in the tip. Some patients due have persistent swelling for longer periods.

Swelling 11 months after rhinoplasty

+1

The healing process takes approximately one full year to complete.  Typically by 11 months after rhinoplasty surgery, you should have achieved your final results.  Unfortunately, even with an excellent surgeon working hard to achieve great results for you, sometimes there may be complications with healing, or you may not be completely satisfied with your results.  Remember that your doctor also wants you to have a nice result that you are happy with.  I would recommend that you return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your specific concerns, and there may be a very good solution that will make you feel better about your new nose.

Dr. Skourtis

Mia E. Skourtis, MD