Swelling and Tenderness in Nasal Cavity Normal After Rhinoplasty?

Is it common to have swelling and tenderness in nasal cavity after Rhinoplasty? Could this have been the cause why my tip is pulled towards the other side?

Nasal Tenderness and Swelling

+1

It is normal to have swelling and tenderness after surgery. It is not normal if this is persistent and prolonged. I assume you have discussed it with your surgeon. We all want immediate results, but this is impossible. 

Rhinoplasty tenderness

+1

It is commons to have some tenderness in the nose after a rhinoplasty. This usually dissipates after a few weeks.  If it is longer, I would check with your doctor.

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

+1

If it has been more than 6 months you should return to your surgeon. Also see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a second opinion to make sure they agree.

Internal swelling and tenderness is common for up to 3 weeks after Rhinoplasty.

+1

If you're having a chronic issue with how your nose looks and feels after Rhinoplasty, you should bring these concerns to your surgeon.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty: Is Swelling and Tenderness of the Nasal Cavity Normal After Surgery?

+1

Hi Seeker,

It depends on how long ago your rhinoplasty was performed. It is normal to have swelling and mild tenderness in the nasal cavity during the first few days after rhinoplasty.

It is not normal to have swelling and tenderness after the first week. You should return to your rhinoplastic surgeon for examination to make sure that you do not have an infection or hematoma.

There are many reasons for asymmetry of the nasal tip, your surgeon is best suited to address those concerns.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P