Rhinoplasty Swelling Stagnent

I had an open septo-rhinoplasty about 2 months ago. The decrease in my swelling has been stagnant. I have noticed no change in weeks. I am due for kenalog injections next week. Aside from injections, is there ANYTHING I could do to expedite this process? Currently, I am taping at night... using herbal supplements, utilizing ultrasound, massage, using ice, and radio frequency treatments. I'm out of tricks! I can't take the swelling anymore!

Post Rhinoplasty swelling not changing further 2 months after surgery, now what?

+1

It sounds like you are doing all that you can to promote the resolution of the post Rhinoplasty swelling.  Kenalog injectiuons may speed thiings along and you mentioned this as a next step with your Rhinoplasty surgeon.  Other than all of these things, patience and time should handle the rest. 

Tricks to Reduce Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

All rhinoplasty patients want to have their final result now, not in 6-12 months.  The problem is that it just does not work that way.  There are no tricks, treatments or secrets.  You just have to wait.  If anything, all the things that you are doing are making things worse, not better.  Occasionally, I will use a small amount of kenalog to modify the healing response in certain areas but there is significant risk with doing this, so it is not done indiscrimately.  Follow up with your physician, let them know your concern and follow their instruction.  That is the best advice I can give you.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon