Rhinoplasty swelling question 3 months post op? How much smaller will it get? 20%?

It's been 3 months since I had Rhinoplasty and overall I'm happy because no matter how you look at it, it's smaller than before. However I do feel the bridge and tip are fatter than they should be, but I'm not sure if it's because the doctor took less out than I thought or there's still some swelling. The smallest my nose looked was immediately when the bandages came off... However I am beginning to doubt it will ever return to that look it has immediately when the bandages came off

Post-operative Swelling Is Normal After Rhinoplasty

+1
Post-operative swelling is normal after rhinoplasty. The good news is that 70% of the swelling will be gone after 3 months and the remainder will then continue to wane down after time.

Rhinoplasty swelling 3 months post-op?

+1

In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take up to 18-24 months to see the final result of your surgery. Swelling may be influenced by the following: Whether tip work was performed, thickness of the patient's skin, whether the procedure was a revision, and whether the surgery was open or closed. It is best to give it some time, as your nose wiill continue to change as you heal. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of you recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty swelling.

+1

The amount of swelling remaining is dependent upon a number of factors including your skin thickness, technique used during your rhinoplasty, number of grafts, etc. It's possible you may benefit from a Kenalog injection if you have thick skin. Consult with your surgeon. It will get smaller. There is still a fair amount of swelling remaining at 3 months.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

+1

This is very individual and is based upon a huge number of factors. Thus, trying to predicting it is not productive.