Nostril Asymmetry and Deepened Scar Due to Rhinoplasty Swelling?

I had open tip Rhinoplasty to remove a hump and straighten my nose about a month ago. The hump is gone and I'm happy with that but it still seems asymmetrical

One month after surgey, after taking a picture, one nostril seems higher and slightly larger with a deeper scar than the other, which looks relatively normal. Is this due to swelling? Will it even itself out or will I need a revision if possible to fix in a years time?

Will most likely even itself out.

+1

It is impossible to say at this point since it has only been one month since your surgery, and typically open rhinoplasties take much longer to heal than closed rhinoplasty. It will most likely even itself out if symmetrical surgery has been performed. One can make the decision whether revision needs to be performed at approximately one year after the initial surgery.

Nose appears different early post

+1

Give it some time prior to making any final judgments or decisions. Swelling early in the psotoperative period can distort the nose and be misleading. Generally allow at least 3-4 monthn

1 month is too soon to judge your result after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should bring your concerns to your surgeon. You still have alot of swelling after only a month, so you'll have to sit tight for now.

I'd be happy to comment if you post / email pictures of your full face (frontal and both profiles)

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon