Right Nostril Still Swollen After Rhinoplasty?

Could my right nostril still be swollen 4 months after Rhinoplasty? It looks completly different to my other one. The left side dents inwards while right side slightly bulges out.

Nostril asymmetry

+1

I am sorry you feel that you are unhappy with your results.  It is difficult to see from the photos, but some asymmetry is normal.  If they are not close, then surgical procedures can be performed to improve the difference.  Fillers are not the way to go.

Filler for the nostril asymmetry

+1

It seems to me that the left side might a little flat compared to the right. The easiest way to correct that would be to put in a small amount of a filler such as restylane or juvederm to match both sides.

The more permanent solution would be to put in a very small sliver of your own cartilage under the skin on the depressed side.

However, revision surgery on the nose is complicated and can end up causing more problems at times. You should start with the simplest solution of trying a temporary filler.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

From the pictures, I don't see a difference

+1

I agree with the other response. I can clearly see swelling which is common 4 months after surgery. I can see the contour of both nostrils and they seem very symmetrical in the pictures. It may be a difference that is more noticeable in person, but not in the pictures you have provided. If you are unhappy with any result, I sincerely hope that you have expressed this to your plastic surgeon. If not, I recommend you talk to him/her to let them know you are unhappy. In addition, if you are still not satisfied, it is helpful to seek a second opinion. Good luck.

Sirish Maddali, MD

Your nostrils look symmetrical on the front view.

+1

I read your question, review, and I saw your photos. There is certainly some swelling present 4 months after rhinoplasty. However, I'm not sure I understand what you're unhappy with.

The nostrils are the openings you breathe from, and on the front photo, they appear to be the same size.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

There may still be swelling.

+1

Return to your surgeon for an evaluation and if you are not happy with that, seek a second opinion from an experienced rhinoplasty specialist in your area.