Rhinoplasty Swelling 1 Month Post? (photo)

I had tip refinement and goretex implant. After my surgery i had abnormal swelling to the point i looked nothing like myself. The question is is it normal or is my result likely to be like this?

Rhinoplasty Swelling 1 Month Postop

+1

After rhinoplasty, swelling can persist for up to a year or so, so it is best not to make any decisions about how large or small something will be until this time.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months

+1

Hi.

Your nasal tip does look pretty full, but it may just be swelling.  Be optimistic and wait several months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty Swelling 1 Month Post?

+1

Swelling after a rhinoplasty + allograft material can lasts 6 months or more. Did not your surgeon outline to you the length of healing? 

Rhinoplasty Healing One Month Out

+1

It is highly unlikely that you are fully healed at one month out from rhinoplasty with a goretex implant. Give it more time to heal. It can take upwards of 1-2 years before the final results are seen.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Swelling 1 Month Post?

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for 25 years and from the photos and information provided, honestly there's no way to tell how much is post-Rhinoplasty swelling or what the end result will ultimately be.  Without knowing what tip thinning technique was used in your Rhinoplasty and the size and shape of the Goretex nasal graft, there's no way to anticipate the results.  I can tell you that at 1 month, the tip is still swollen.  Beyond that, you'd have to discuss the final results expected with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.  Hope this helps.

Nasal tip swelling

+1

Nasal tip swelling can last months sometimes more than a year. Give it time to settle.  Good luck.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Nam2,

• The tip swelling takes the longest to come down which is the part of the nose that everyone wants to see the most
  • So please wait at least 6 months, which I know can be difficult
  • You will see that even in months 4-6, there will be big changes that happen to the appearance of the tip

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhino

+1

Dear Nam2,

Post-op swelling after a rhinoplasty often lasts 6-12 months.  You won't have a good idea of your final appearance until 6 months after your surgery.  You should see your surgeon to discuss your results and ensure your post-op progress is proceeding as expected.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)