Rhinoplasty Swelling Goes Down when Cast is on but then Goes Back Up?

I had rhino/septo 2 months ago.my doctor gave me a little cast to put under my glasses for when i wear them.he told me that after 1 month i dont have to use it anymore.i still put it under my glasses when i am home because it feels safer but when i am out i dont wear it.my Q is that wen i wear the cast under my glasses for sometime and i take off the cast, my nose looks less swollen and more shaped but after a while it swells back up.will my nose ever look how it looks when i take the cast off?

Hello

+1

It takes 6-9 months for all the swelling to subside. It sounds that once you get there you will be very happy with your results.

Swelling, Splints, and Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Kitty,

It sounds as if you are in for an excellent result with your rhinoplasty once everything has healed.  It will take many more months, but the fact that your nose looks great after wearing your splint tells us that once all the swelling resolves you will love your nose.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD