Rhinoplasty Versus Non Surgical Permanent Filler VS Non Permanent?

I know i definitely want some sort of augmentation done to my.nose. Specifically a more prominent bridge and a more refined profile. I'd like it to be subtle , nothing too drastic. Non surgical rhinoplasty has appealed to me because of its subtlety and because.of.costs. I don't think I'm too interested In rhinoplasty right now as I'm still in school and that would be a major expense. However I do want something that will lasts and be worth the time. What's the difference between artefilland silikon.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

Augmenting the nose with fillers works well in the right patient.  I suggest starting with a soft temporary filler (any of the hyaluronic acid products: restylane, expressions) to see how you like it.  This will give both you and your surgeon an idea of what is to be accomplished.  If you like the result you can move on to something permanent like Artefill. I do not use silicone products because of the high complication rate (granuloma formation, fibrosis).

+2

Hi Cocotaco,

Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure.  "Non-surgical" or "Non-invasive" rhinoplasty is just a cutesy name put on the procedure of injecting filler into the nose.  The "non-surgical rhinoplasty" is an injection technique used to soften humps and bumps on the dorsum (profile) of the nose.  In most cases, filler is added above and below the hump to camouflage it.  I prefer to use Radiesse and hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane and Juvederm).  The hyaluronic acid fillers are reversible if needed.  

Subtle changes with fillers used properly in the nose can make patients much more attractive, helping with their self-esteem.  The cost of the treatment is a fraction the cost of a surgical rhinoplasty.

I would strongly recommend against permanent fillers (Silikon 1000 and Artefill) in the nose for many reasons including vascular compromise and skin necrosis if the filler is injected into or blocks a blood vessel.  Permanent fillers are permanent and are very difficult to correct or remove.  

The most important aspect of any injection treatment in the nose is to make sure that you choose your injecting physician most carefully for your best aesthetic result as well as to minimize your risk of complications.  I would advise choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon with excellent artistic vision.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

+2

Filler may be reasonable, if it is done by a rhinoplasty expert and you are fully informed of the risks.  I have only ever injected HA fillers such as Juvederm as these can be dissolved enzymatically.                                                                                                                                                          Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Do not consider a permanent filler for the nose

+2

Do not consider any permanent filler for the nose.  Only consider the use of either an HA filler such as juvederm or a filler such as radiesse.  

Hi Cocotaco,

+1

Interesting question.  Nonsurgical rhinoplasty involves using injectable fillers to camouflage irregularities on the bridge of the nose.  The hyaluronic acid fillers would be the most appropriate to use.  They are effective and long lasting and most importantly reversible. Permanent fillers are just that, permanent,  and may lead to problems years after the injection.  Good luck with whatever you choose.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus best filler for non surgical rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

Forget about the fillers you mention.  Juvederm UP is best because it is very forgiving (no lumps) and lasts a really long time (years), specially in a place that does not move much like the nose.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Non-surgical rhinoplasty?

+1

A non-surgical rhinoplasty is one in which filler is injected into the nose.  I would caution this maneuver.  If you have only a minor deformity, perhaps an absorbabl filler can be used to soften it, but it will need to be repeated in the future.  Rhinoplasty surgery is permanent.

Non-Surgical rhinoplasty is catchy name for injecting filler into the nose

+1

The best candidates for a "non-surgical" rhinoplasty are people with big humps and a deep radix (the area just below your brows). Filling the root of the nose with filler will make a bump look less prominent. However, most people would also benefit from refinement of the tip of the nose at the same time, which cannot or should not be done with filler.

As for permanent vs. temporary filler, permanent fillers are just that, permanent. If it's not perfect you are stuck with it. I have been treating a patient with Radiesse, a non-permanent filler,  for over a year. The filler went places that the patient didn't want to fill. It took over a year to go away. Now, 1 1/2 years later we can finally consider a surgical rhinoplasty.

So, if you are considering filler, stick to hyaluronic acids such as Restylane or Juvederm. They can be dissolved if not to your liking.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Permanent Filler VS Non Permanent?

+1

Filler is fine for now, but never permanent filler. The fillers available now will give you quite a few months of use.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD