Rhinoplasty or Non-Surgical Nose Shaping? Nose Work And/or Neck-Jaw Liposuction

I would like to improve my profile(define jawline, get rid of jowliness)as well as achieve better facial balance. I was told to consider Nose Shaping and Neck Liposuction. Would one exclusively be a better choice for me over the other exclusively? Obviously, the less invasive and less costly the better. Would Non-Surgical Nose Shaping help me out at all, or is Rhinoplasty the only way for me to go with my nose?

Rhinoplasty vs liposuction

+2

Your nose could be refined, thinner, more feminine by doing a rhinplasty. Neck liposuction is not indicated, but the "jowliness" is an issue. This maybe your peculiar facial muscular anatomy and thus not really alterable or possible could be reduced by cheek fat reduction via an intraoral approach (unless you choose to have a facelioft which I dont think is needed). Be sure to find a surgeon with experience in doing this.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Profile

+2

You should improve whatever bothers you the most. You do not need liposuction of your neck. A limited facelift would improve your neck. I personally feel that a nasal hump removal and tip refinement would would provide the most dramatic improvement. This will not only improve your profile, but also facial proportion.

Nose , neck and chin correction

+2

If you are looking for the least invasive things to do, try fillers to the nose ( which would give a somewhat Grecian profile) and jowl and chin areas. First try a hyaluronic acid product  before considering something more permanent.  A hump reduction rhinoplasty via a closed approach with the addition of a small chin-jowl implant would be the least invasive of surgical approaches. A lifting procedure is not out of the question as it will do the most to make you look youthful.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty vs.neck liposuction.

+2
You absolutely do not need neck liposuction--only a mini lift for the excess skin. Your nose can have the small bump filed and conservative reshaping of the tip. If I were choosing which of the two i would choose the nose. You should choose which bothers you more!

Non surgical rhinoplasty will not work for you.

+2

Hi.

I think you profile is fine. You have a small bump in your nose which can be removed surgically.

Liposuction of neck very bad idea for you. There's no excess fat. You have some loose skin in neck and jaw line. You need to consider short scar face lift and neck lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty Surgery may be the best option for you to improve the appearance of your nose.

+1

I read your concerns, and reviewed your photos. You don't appear to have any excess fat deposits in your neck, so I would not advise neck liposuction. 

The tip of your nose is a bit over-projected, and you have a profile-bump, and a slight hanging columella. If the appearance of your nose is bothering you, you should consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what could be achieved with well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery. Computer-imaging could be helpful for you during your consultation.

You do not appear to be a good candidate for Injectable Fillers for your nose unless you're only looking to straighten the profile of your nose.

I hope this helps you.

Regards from NJ:

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer Imaging Can Help You Decide What Facial Procedures May be Beneficial

+1

When one is considering exactly what procedures may help their facial appearance and balance, computer imaging is the key. In a non-invasive manner, you can evaluate how the different options of rhinoplasty and neck and jowl liposuction may be beneficial. While computer imaging is not a guarantee of what the results will be, it can help you decide if this type of surgery will give you the facial look that you want. As for non-surgical rhinoplasty (injectable filler to radix), that too can be imaged and will undoubtably show that it will not produce the changes that you are looking for.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Facial and nose shaping

+1

A slight reduction of the nasal bump might provide some refinement.  The skin of the lower face appears slightly lax and a limited facelift may work nicely for rejuvenation of the lower face.  If you are interested in limited downtime and limited expense, use of a variety of fillers may provide more volume and a lifting effect as well , and may work well in defining the jawline, in addition.  I agree, from the limited photos, liposuction may not be a good option for you.   

Stephen Delia, MD