Do I Need Rhinoplasty Surgery? (photo)

personally i havent got an excessive insecurity but its something that a change would do no harm seen as i get uncomfortable about it on occasions.

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may result in a narrower appearance of your nose.

+1

Based on your frontal photo, you appear to have a firm wide nose. If you're desiring a narrower appearance to your nose, you may consider consulting several rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Rhinoplasty Surgery?

+1

Aesthetically speaking the nose appears large, wide and asymmetric due to some previous fracture?  Rhinoplasty can thin the nose and tip either a little or more significantly depending on what you want done.  You have a broad, angular face so a thin little nose would not appear appropriate IMO.

Do I need rhinoplasty?

+1

No one "needs" a rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty can help to provide a nose that is more balanced and better suited to one's face. In your case, the procedure could help to achieve a nose that is straighter, less wide and more contoured to fit the rest of your features. It would be imperative to maintain a strong masculine profile while subtly reducing the width of the bones and the tip of the nose.

Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Need for Rhinoplasty

+1

Your wide asymmetrical nose can be improved with a rhinoplasty so it is more proportional with your surrounding facial features. Having said that you do not "need" surgery unless you want to change the appearance of your nose.

Rhinoplasty

+1

From a single photo and no statement from you regarding specifically what you want changed I am not sure that you need or should have rhinoplasty surgery. If you do the surgery should not be aggressive in order to avoid feminizing your nose.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty to refine the nose.

+1

Only you can say if you want a different nose.  If the question is can your nose be made more attractive--yes. 

Plastic surgery and rhinoplasty is a personal choice

+1

You don't need rhinoplasty.  Could it give you a more attractive nose?  Yes.  Will it make your nose blend better with your other facial features?  Yes.  Will it make you feel better about yourself and your excessive insecurity?  maybe, maybe not.  The decision whether or not to undergo plastic surgery or rhinoplasty is a very personal one, and comes down to what you want to change, what your goals are, and what your expectations are.  Perhaps one of the most important aspects to ensure your happiness and satisfaction with your choice is to have realistic expectations.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD