I Had Rhinoplasty Surgery Yesterday, It is Quite Obvious That One Nostril is Bigger Than the Other. Is This Normal? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty surgery yesterday, it is quite obvious that one nostril is bigger than the other. Is this normal? I know its been one day but I'm a little worried.

Asymmetrical Nostrils 1 Day After Surgery

+1

Dear Lala,

Your nose is likely to swell a bit more and then start subsiding afterwards. At 1 day post-op, you will not be able to assess any aspect of the possible outcome of the surgery.

You will need to be patient and wait at least 6 months before you can start developing some sort of an idea of how your nose may look like at the 12 months post-op mark.

I recommend that you communicate with your surgeon and share your concerns with him/her during your upcoming post-op examination.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Nostrils at one day.

+1

Nostrils are bothers, not twins!  However, follow your surgeon's advice and your nostril asymmetry will likely improve over time.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry 1 day post rhinoplasty

+1

Hi there,

I think you need to see your plastic surgeon early next week, that's all.  It's not possible to provide you with sensible advice from your posted picture.  HOwever, it's understandable that you're anxious, and the best thing to do id call the surgeons office Monday and be seen by the surgeon.

Good luckl.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

1 day post surgery one nostril bigger

+1

This I dont believe is permanent. You cant judge the nostrils for another 3 to 6 months ..

Richard Ellenbogen, MD