Rhinoplasty Surgery Not Done Properly? Bump Returned? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty done back in India on vacation on march 23 2012. I wanted the bump on bridge of my nose removed, and tip lifted. After surgery I was not given a cast or not even taped. I was given pills for the swellling and infection etc. My nose looked better the day after surgery then it does now and i am really confused. I almost look like i have a bump on my bridge again.

Having surgery on vacation may not be the best idea

+2

There are many excellent surgeons internationally that provide excellent service. The concern with having an operation in a place far away is that it is difficult for the original surgeon to follow the patient. The original surgeon can monitor the patient closely and make any minor adjustments as the nose heals.

Go to my website or search the internet, for a discussion on the potential risks and benefits of medical tourism.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Judging strictly from your photos, additional cartilage removal from the area above your tip will produce the improvement you seek.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bump Returned after Rhinoplasty

+1

You have what is called a "pollybeak" deformity caused by excess cartilage above the tip and inadequate tip projection. Unfortunately, a revision will be necessary to improve your nasal proportions.

The bump on your bridge, after Rhinoplasty, appears to be unresected dorsal cartilage.

+1

Your condition is commonly referred to as a "polybeak deformity", and this may result from inadequate removal of your lower, cartilaginous bridge during your initial rhinoplasty surgery.

You may require revision rhinoplasty with hump removal, and tip support. You may benefit from seeing several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to get an idea of what might be best for you.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak?

+1

It looks like you have a pollybeak deformity which can occur with under-resection of the lower dorsum of the nose and perhaps sometimes with over-resection of the upper dorsum.  It looks like the former.

Reason for hump

+1

The cause for your hump is a polly beak.  One of the major steps in correcting a poly beak deformity is establishing a strong tip support.  As long as you have good tip support the polly beak will be improved.  See the link below for an example.

Sam Naficy, MD

Inadequate Resected Dorsum in Rhinoplasty

+1

Humps or bumps do not return after a rhinoplasty, there merely reappear when the swelling goes down because they were never adequately removed in the first place. You have an overresected nasal hump and inadequate reduction of the lower dorsum leading to the nose shape that you now have. You will need a revisional rhinoplasty done for correction that is better executed than your first one.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty result

+1

Dear CubeR

• Sorry to hear that your rhinoplasty result wasnt what you wanted. 
  • Follow up with your surgeon is an important and essential part of the procedure 
  • If you can't see your rhinoplasty surgeon for followup,
  • then consider making a consultation appointment with local rhinoplasty surgeon for a physical exam and discussion. 
  • From your photos, you may have developed a "polly beak deformity" that could be addressed, but a thorough examination is necessary. 

Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon