Do you think I should have rhinoplasty surgery if yes what kind? (photo)

Rhinoplasty is the right procedure for you.

+2
Dear Robinson Morales: You look like an excellent candidate. With the bump on your nose as it is, rhinoplasty will give you an excellent profile.The dimensions seem appropriate and there is no major need to raise the nose from the lip, as is often necessary. When you smile, if the tip depresses, then you’ll need release of the depressor septi muscle, which is a standard procedure. Otherwise, your nose will constantly be elongating as you age. We don't have a front view of your nose, but if it is too wide, it can be narrowed. Likewise, if the tip of your nose is too broad, that can also be refined. I am not sure what you mean when you say, “What kind?” If you mean a “closed rhinoplasty” or an “open rhinoplasty,” that's really a matter to be discussed at consultation. Some surgeons perform internal or closed rhinoplasty very handily. Others routinely employ the open approach. Both schools of thought regarding the approach to rhinoplasty have advocates who are talented and accomplished. There is no right or wrong. You have to ask the questions about operative time, external incisions, and the possibility of scarring. Those are the issues that differentiate the closed from the open rhinoplasty.

Do your homework and read books about rhinoplasty. Most are written for people just like you; many other similar books are on Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.com. Visit lots of websites and read several different descriptions how a nose job is performed.
Another great service, Computer imaging, uploads an existing picture of the patient into a computer. Then, the surgeon and an artist sit down and work up a predicted picture of what you most likely will look like after surgery and healing. (The technology is also known as computer morphing.) The final, healed patient picture is included so the three-picture panel is known as a triptych. In many cases, the actual after surgery, healed results look better than the predicted picture. Look for a practice that offers that service; it’s the best way to get a glimpse into the surgeon’s mind of what he or she is thinking about the changes that can be made to your appearance.

Certainly you want to be comfortable with the surgeon.You want someone who is experienced and very focused on rhinoplasty. You want a cosmetic nasal surgery super-specialist and one who understands the issues for men. For men it is extremely important that there be no “overdone” end result. Best wishes from Beverly Hills, California. Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for nasal bump can improve your nose.

+1
From your side photograph it appears that a rhinoplasty to reduce your nasal bump or nasal hot will improve your nasal appearance.  I cannot tell if nasal tip surgery is required because you did not provide a front view.  However if your nasal tip is broad or bulbous the nasal tip rhinoplasty can be done at the same time.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty surgery for hump removal

+1
The decision to perform a rhinoplasty is a personal one, and only you can make the decision to undergo the procedure. If you decide to have the rhinoplasty procedure performed, be very specific  about your goals you have in mind regarding your nose.   Closed rhinoplasty techniques and shave down the dorsal hump, and then osteotomies of the nasal bones will be required to close the open roof deformity. Some minor tip adjustments may also be necessary.

Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your question. The decision to have a rhinoplasty is one that you have to make. If you are happy with your nose and you do not have any problems breathing then I would recommend against surgery. Any surgery has risks and complications associated with it, so it is not a decision to take lightly.  Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Should you have rhinoplasty surgery?

+1
The decision to consider plastic surgery is a personal one and the only opinion that matters is yours.  Schedule a consultation with a reputable facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your area. Once you have gained information from a qualified surgeon you will be able to make the best decision for you. Best wishes.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should I have a Rhinoplasty?

+1
You should only consider a rhinoplasty if you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose and are comfortable that the surgeon you choose can deliver the results you are looking for.  I would do an open rhinoplasty with dorsal hump reduction and tip refinement.

Good luck!

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
You are the best person to answer that question. If you finally decide then it is my opinion that you are a great candidate to have a cosmetic rhinoplasty and achieve a much more improved nasal contour, especially from the profile . Final assessment must be done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has great interest and experience in Rhinoplasty.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
You photo suggest you are an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  You have a prominent dorsal hump, that needs to be taken down. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Should I Have Rhinoplasty Surgery?

+1
Only you can answer that question; all I can say is that the appearance 0f your nose can be improved. Don't go looking for a specific technique; look for an experienced specialist who will give you a natural result.

Nose surgery

+1
robinsonmorales, You certainly could benefit from one if you so desire. May want to consider a chin implant. As usual I would see 2-3 facial plastic specialists and make sure you view their photos before you visit. Choose one with at least 10 years of experience. Make sure you like the photos you see on their web site before you visit. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon