Rhinoplasty Surgery Accompanied with a Liplift & Cheek Implants or Minilift, is This a Good Idea?

Rhinoplasty surgery accompanied with a liplift & cheek implants or minilift, is this a good idea?

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can be safely combined with the other operations you mention with no problem. The question I think you should ask is whether those procedures are worhtwhile.  I think the lip lift procedure is, quite frankly, a lousy one.  I'm also not crazy about cheek implants.  They often require revision and can become infected requiring removal.  The rhinoplasty combined with a facelift? Perfectly fine. The lip lift and cheek implants are best to be avoided.

Rhinoplasty with cheek implants and mini-facelift.

+1

It is common to combine several procedures into one surgery to help enhance the overall result.  The benefit of a single recovery period where all of the downtime is rolled into one helps free up your schedule and minimize lost time. 

The most common surgical combinations tend to be facelifts with liposuction or fat transfers, browlifts with eyelid or midfacelifts ,rhinoplasty with chin augmentation, ect.  These popular surgery combinations focus different procedures to enhance a specific problem area: the neck and jowls, the eyes, or the nose. 

Combining rhinoplasty with a mini facelift, cheek augmentations and lip lifts is possible.  However, this is more of collection of procedures to treat multiple different facial concerns.  I would imagine that during a consultation a more coordinated procedure strategy could be developed to enhance each of your facial concerns.  For example, nose and chin or nose and cheeks. 

Hope this helps.

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty is often accompanied with other facial cosmetic procedures

+1

The rhinoplasty operation is not one standard procedure but rather a highly specialized and individualized surgery aimed at restoring function and aesthetic harmony to the nose.  That being said there are no real contraindications to performing this surgery in conjunction with other procedures such as a minilift, browlift or blepharoplasty. To determine the correct procedures for your face please seek an experienced professional in your area for consultation. Cheers! 

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple facial procedures

+1

There is no good answer for your specific set of questions without seeing you. Multiple procedures are often done but have to be carefully selected and planned so as not to compromise results. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The obvious answer is that I'm unsure.  Aesthetically speaking, I do perform Rhinoplasty with Cheek Implants and a Celebrity Face Lift (minimal incision Face Lift) to make faces more naturally attractive, except the lip lift wjhich tends to round out the shape of the lips making then appear un-natural...however, without a photo, of your face I have no way of knowing if any or all of these will make you more natiurally, youthful and attractive.  Be sure the plastic and cosmetic surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Rhinoplasty, lip lift, minilift, cheek implants?

+1

It  might be best to do these operations in stages.    While it is possible to do all these operations together, a formal consult in persopn would be essentiual to get a better "feel" for what needs to be done.

Rhinoplasty with other procedures

+1

You would be best served by staging the procedures.  Your rhinoplasty may change the appearance of the other areas you mentioned.  The less variables you have the better chance of achieving your goals.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty Combined with Other Procedures

+1

If you are going to have multiple facial procedures it is best to have then all done at the same time. There are exceptions such as doing a rhinoplasty an lip lift at the same time because the proximity of the incisions for these two procedures may compromise the circulation at the base of the nose. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty and Subnasal Lip Lift May Not Be A Good Combination

+1

While all of these facial procedures can be done at the same time, the question is whether any of them may affect the aesthetic results or increase the complications of the others. This is most relevant in combining an open rhinoplasty and a subnasal lip lift. The two incisions used in these operations are fairly close to each other and this leaves a strip of columellar skin between them that may have a precarious blood supply. While most of the time this may not be a problem, but if skin necrosis occurs it will be a big aesthetic problem. I would recommend to separate these two procedures to be safe.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty with multiple other procedures

+1

I supposed it depends on what is meant by rhinoplasty.  If by rhinoplaty one means just a little "tip rhinoplasty" it might be reasonable - because that is not that long of an operation.  However, it is my opinion that many patients need more than just a "tip rhino" to acheive a true harmony among the all of the distinct features of the nose and harmony between the nose in the face. (I have similar opinions on minilifts - that is a procedure that fits a select gruop of patients - in my opinion more profound but more natureal results can be acheived with a "full" facelift than with a mini.  The increased length of the scars with a full lift when compared with a mini is a non issue because the additional scars are the ones that are nearly "invisible" because they are hidden in the hair). True comprehensive rhinoplasty is a complex art and science that deserves focus and attention to detail.  If your surgeon believes he/she can do that well as well as doing the other listed procedures well too, than perhaps its a reasonable plan.  With that said, I will combine rhinoplasty with other facial procedures - but in my practice I limit it to smaller procedures so that I can give each procedure including the rhinoplasty the attention it deserves.  I strive to have a practice characterized by quality not quantity, botique if you will.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD