Top Rhinoplasty Surgeons in San Diego?

I'm a 25-year-old female, Middle Eastern, and considering Rhinoplasty to augment my nasal bridge. I am just seeking to enhance my natural beauty, not for a drastic change. I would love recommendations for top rhinoplasty surgeons in San Diego, preferrably with ethnic nose experience. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Choosing a surgeon for rhinoplasty

+1

A good rhinoplasty result will create a nose that blends into your face, enhancing your natural beauty much like you describe-regardless of your ethnicity. "Ethnic Rhinoplasty" is an almost overused term in that regard. Basic principles are the same as far as bridge reduction, tip refinement and possible rotation, and possible base reduction. Look for a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with numerous before / after photos that you admire, hopefully some of which look similar to your nose. Good Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

San Diego rhinoplasty

+1

Selecting a plastic surgeon for a rhinoplasty can be confusing. Rhinoplasty, more than any other plastic surgical procedure, requires skill, experience, and aesthetic judgement. The Internet allows you to compare different surgeon's results more easily than ever and will allow you to narrow your choice down. I then recommend going on consults with three different surgeons and getting a further sense of how they compare. Better yet, if you know somebody who is knowledgeable about local surgeons, such as a nurse or other physician, they will likely be able to tell you who is good and who to stay away from. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Top Rhinoplasty Surgeons in San Diego

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. Steven Cohen and Dr. Tom Pousti (a frequent contributor to this site) are possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Middle-Eastern Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty is a very specialized area of plastic surgery. In general, to perform it well you need a surgeon that specializes in nasal plastic surgery. In your case, the Middle Eastern nose has many features that make it unique. This means in addition to having experience in rhinoplasty they need knowledge of the Middle Eastern face. This knowledge is essential to create a natural appearing nose. In other words, your new nose needs to fit the unique features of your face. We perform a high volume of Middle Eastern rhinoplasty and always take these factors into account. Web reference: drkaram.com

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Middle Eastern Rhinoplasty

+1

Sophia: I don't know anybody in your area. When you select a surgeon, you want to pick  somebody who is not only an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, but one who has done a lot of Middle Eastern noses. Frequently the anatomical characteristics are different, requiring specific surgical techniques.

San Diego Top Rhinoplasty Surgeons

+1

Hi Sophia,

I personally don't know of any, and would like to know as well. I am sure that they are around your lovely city.

If your question goes unanswered and you wish to ask about rhinoplasty surgeons a few miles up the 405 Freeway, I could give you many referrals in the Los Angeles area.

Go Chargers!

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Nasal augmentation by implant or different graft types

+1

Regarding nasal augmentation, the options include using a silicone implant versus using your own tissue which could be rib graft or fascia and cartilage. It all depends on your anatomy and how much volume is needed. In my expereince most middle eastern noses required little augmentation but mainly tip work and in some case hump reduction.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS