Appropriate Rhinoplasty Surgeon in NYC Area? First Time Getting Surgery... (photo)

I need a surgeon who can fix the deformities of my nose, and who can also "westernize" it as well. I am looking to have my crooked/twisted nose straightened, hump removed, tip narrowed and defined, middle third narrowed and defined, nostrils narrowed, possibly augmenting the upper third. I also have a pollybeak deformity, and caudal excess from what I can see. I am a male of ethnic descent with thick skin. What do you see that can be improved/corrected? Which surgeons in NYC do you recommend?

Rhinoplasty for Dorsal Hump, Tip Refinement, Nostril Narrowing

+1

All of the things you mentioned are worthwhile considerations and need to be discussed in detail during consultation.  There are many good rhinoplasty surgeons in NYC.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to improvement in the appearance of your nose.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

You appear to have a large nose with wide nostrils, a profile hump, and an overprojected droopy tip. Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may result in improvement of these features.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Male Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Advice Seeker, An evaluation and consultation with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon would be helpful in discussing your aesthetic options. Personally I use a digital imaging computer which allows me to show the consulting patient their proposed surgical results. I also have a book with before and after photographs showing the computer imaging and the actual results which allows the patient to see how close in proximity the actual and proposed results are. Your photographs do show that you would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. It is very important in doing rhinoplasty surgery especially ethnic rhinoplasty on a male that you do a natural looking nose that fits the entire facial aesthetics. Using the imaging will help you to visualize the best aesthetic nose for your features. I would suggest looking through RealSelf for a qualified surgeon in your area who has great reviews and seek a consultation. If the surgeon does a lot of rhinoplasty procedures he/she should have several patients a day coming in in different phases of recovery for you to speak to as well. If you review my website you will see several ethnic male rhinoplasty procedures. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD