Surgical Plan - Does This Sound Normal?

he is going to: nasal bridge: slight augmentation at the radix (approx 2mm) lower for the main part of the bridge on profile nasal tip: reduced projection approx 3-3.5, shortening approx 4mm at infra tip, approx 2mm at columella, narrower from the front alar base: alar base reduction with slight elevation of the insertion columella: reduced lateral show nasolabial: increase slightly profile: nasal bridge: low radix convex bridge columella: adequate lateral show

Rhinoplasty Best Results

+1

It appears your surgeon is evaluating your entire nose and addressing multiple aspects which is a good sign.  Make sure you see before and after pictures of noses similar to yours.  Above all find someone who you trust and you feel understands your concerns.  Good luck.  vargasfaceandskin

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty plan

+1

It is much more important what your surgeon CAN do, as opposed to what he wants to do. Yes it sounds reasonable, but there is no guarantee that he can deliver. Look at his work, and do your research. Also, hopefully you are able to trust your surgeon enough not to question his plan on the internet. If you don't trust him, move on to somebody who you can trust.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Good luck. It i shard to say what the appropriate treatment plan for you would be unless an exam is performed and your concerns are discussed. Everyone can say 2mms here or 2mms there, but it ultimately comes down to your aesthetic eye as a surgeon.

Rhinoplasty description of proposed surgery.

+1

Rhinoplasty description of proposed surgery is not what is important. Look at his work and meet with a patient with a similar nose that he has done.

Rhinoplasty and surgical plan

+1
I would suggest that you see a surgeon who has a digital imaging computer and can show you the proposed results prior to your surgery versus the medical description of the proposed procedure. During the consultative phase I put my patients on an imaging computer and I am able to show the patient the proposed results. This allows the patient to fully understand the aesthetic results the surgeon is going to obtain and gives you an idea of your results versus the medical description which I am sure is a bit overwhelming to understand without a visual aspect. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD