Rhinoplasty with Supra Alar Reduction?

What are the dangers in reducing my dented supra alar with nose job to improve my nose appearence; im hoping I can get excellent results but afraid of a "pinched nose" or other deformities, that can go wrong witn a nose job.

Rhinoplasty with SupraAlar Reduction

+1

If you want a supratip break, this can be accomplished through rhinoplasty.  If you have too great of a break or a depression, this can be improved with a rhinoplasty as well.    Pinched tips result from a variety of aggressive cartilage resection techniques that weaken the natural support structure of the tip.  This does not have to occur, and I have not had this happen.  Find a rhinoplasty surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Your 'supraalar' area can be improved by a rhinoplasty.

+1

The key is to plan the changes you want. I like to show patients several possible changes on the computer in advance of the surgery so we can both decide how the nose should look after the surgery.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

"Supra Alar" Nasal Reduction

+1

I'm not sure what you mean when you use the term "supra alar" but I assume that you're referring to the tip. The best way to avoid a pinched tip is to select an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Look at the surgeon's results or actual patients to see what they do with a nose like yours.