Should I Get Rhinoplasty? Broke My Nose as a Kid, Under Eyes Getting Darker Every Year? (photo)

When I was a kid I broke my nose playing with one of my friends. I'm going to be 40 this year and I've never cared for my nose very much. I've also noticed my under eye area getting darker every year. I've always had dark circles but it's getting much worse. Is there anything I can do to to make the overall appearance of my face more attractive?

Rhinoplasty and dark circles

+1

Performing a rhinoplasty will not address any dark circles under the eyes.  This is related to hereditary pigmentation and fat bags under the eyes that become herniated and puffy. A rhinoplasty can address narrowing the bridge, removing any hump, and refining the tip of the nose.  A broken nose repair will only straighten out the nasal bones

Rhinoplasty will not help your dark circles.

+1

Get rhinoplasty to refine the shape of your nose.  Seek several opinions.  It is best if you can fine a surgeon who practices in your community to make follow up care easy.  Understand that the best rhinoplasty work is typically done by otolaryngologists who have done a fellowship in facial plastic surgery or a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a fellowship in aesthetic plastic surgery.  Surgeons who hang out their shingle right out of residency (otolaryngology or plastic surgery) really don't have sufficient training in these procedures to do great work.  With experience, this lack of formal training can sometimes be overcome.  In some communities you will find "the nose guy(or gal)."  Often this is a wonderfully talented and broadly trained individual.  Sometimes this is someone who is basically offering a single rhinoplasty to everyone who walks into their office.  If that surgery works for you, great, otherwise you may not be happy with the result.  Your job is to do your home work and avoid falling in love with a particular surgeon until you understand what they offer and if it is right for you.