Would Rhinoplasty Be Able to Straighten my Nose Cartilage? (photo)

I broke my nose when I was 16 when I collided with the top of someone's head. I had septoplasty done, but I didn't elect to get rhinoplasty as well because I didn't want to spend the money. Now it's 2 years later and my nose seems even more crooked than before. Would a rhinoplasty be able to straighten my cartilage so it's in line with my nasal bones more? Also, since aIready had my deviated septum worked on does this make it even more difficult to straighten? Thank you.

Best time to correct a crooked nose

+3

It's "never too late" to straighten a crooked nose, and you should be able to get a fine result. Your previous septoplasty may limit the amount of septal cartilage available to "splint" the crooked area of your nose, but there are always other options.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would Rhinoplasty Be Able to Straighten my Nose Cartilage?

+2

Dear Seattlesporty,

Thank you for your question and photo.

Yes, absolutely.  A good rhinoplasty will have a dramatic effect on your nose.  While your nasal tip is quite crooked with a depression just above the tip on one side as well as the 'domes' of the tip at different heights, your nasal bones are also crooked.  All these issues can be corrected and a good looking nose is obtainable.  See a rhinoplasty surgeon with a lot of experience on crooked noses and look at his before and after photos.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Correcting a crooked nose

+2

I believe the appearance of your nose can be improved significantly with a well done rhinoplasty. However, one of the most difficult things to accomplish in rhinoplasty is to straighten the crooked nose. There are many surgical strategies used by different surgeons with varying degrees of success. Even if there is some residual asymmetry after rhinoplasty, I think the overall appearance of the nose would be improved substantially. You are a good candidate, just be realistic in the fact that perfect symmetry may not be achieved, no matter how good the surgeon.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Would Rhinoplasty be able to Straighten my Nose Cartilage

+2

Yes I do think rhinoplasty could further improve any residual deformity you might have as you had by history a deviated septum that apparently was previously taken care of by septoplasty. However the previous deviated septum most likely led to deformity and deviation of the nasal bones and cartilages which can lead to continued visual crooked deformity which can be corrected with a traditional rhinoplasty procedure reducing and/or repositioning of any residual deformed bones and cartilages. make sure to consult with an experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon as crooked nose deformities can be more difficult to correct.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+2

You would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  You need realistic expectations.  A crooked nose is one the the more difficult problems to completely correct.  Hopefully you have some septal cartilage that may be used to shape the nose; if not you may need ear cartilage harvest.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Crooked nose

+2

A rhinoplasty can straighten your nose.  Grafting from the septum is frequently done with rhinoplasty and a prior septoplasty may limit the cartilage available.  I don't think you will need grafting, but if you do, the septum may still have enough left behind.  Make sure you seek out a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.   Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+2

Yes, your nose could be improved with rhinoplasty.  It would be an outpatient surgery and the recovery is about a week.  See the link below for more information

Sam Naficy, MD

Rhinoplasty for post-traumatic crooked nose

+2

You can definitely expect a straighter nose if you have a rhinoplasty. Be sure to consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can show you a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can see the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

+2

It should and it must because in order to straighten your nose, your deviated septum must be corrected. There is no other ways to do this.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

While a crooked cartilagenous segment, of the nose, is the most challenging a Rhinoplasty can significantly straighten and refine the nose according to the photos provided.  The nasal bones would no doubt need to be fractured and straightened as well as refinement of the nasal tip cartilages and septum.  Please share this answer with your parents since you are under 18 years of age.