Rhinoplasty Stiffness/pain?

I am 2 months post op and had an open rhinoplasty to shorten my nose. My nose feels sore when I touch it on the sides and it almost feels like there is extra skin around it. When I make certain facial expressions I feel a little pain/stiffness. Does this mean there is still some swelling that needs to go down? Will using Arnica gel at this point do anything to help with the stiffness?

Feeling of stiffness is normal after rhinoplasty.

+2

You definitely still have swelling that needs to go down.  Your nose will continue to soften as it heals and the swelling goes down over the next 1-2 years.  At this point you won't see much of a benefit using Arnica.  

Rhinoplasty stiffness

+1

Most likely you're still suffering from swelling.   Give it time to heal at least 6 months to a year.  good luck.