Rhinoplasty Stiches 3 Week After Surgery?

Hello, I'm 19 years old and had surgery on october 4. During the first week my nose was covered, and had cotton inside in the second. My Dr. pull the cotton out towards the end of the second week. During the third week I used tweezers to pull out the dry mucus, I pulled some hair accidentaly. I'm starting the fourth week and just realised that I could have pulled some stiches. My Dr. saw me 5 days ago but he didn't mention anything, my next appointement is in february. Should I contact my Dr.?

Appropriate follow up after rhinoplasty

+1

It's unlikely you did any harm, but touching base with your surgeon is always the best option when you have any concerns.  

Sutures in nose after rhinoplasty

+1

If you had a rhinoplasty the internal sutures are usually absorbable and only need to stay in place for a week or so.  More than likely it is fine.  If concerned, speak to your surgeon.

Sutures/Stitches and Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

This best thing to do is contact your surgeon and see if they would like you to come in for a quick evaluation to ensure that all is fine.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon