Rhinoplasty Splint Question

I am 16 last monday I underwent rhinoplasty as well as a slight chin augmentation and some lipo on the neck. I have a splint on my nose and a headwrap, I am scheduled to have these taken off on monday, I have been sleeping with my head elevated every night, but last night I was sleeping on my side, later I had a coughing attack when I took some medicine, My nose now feels funny, there is a spot where i feel pain and a strange sensation is it possible I could have messed up my nose in that spot??

Splint on nose and coughing

+1

I doubt that coughing while wearing a splint caused any serious problem.  If you have questions, you should certainly run it by your surgeon.

Rhinoplasty splint question

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and coughing, straining or vigorous activity can all increase blood flow to the nose after a Rhinoplasty causing increased swelling and discomfort.  The splint can control and minimize direct impact but will not completely protect the nose from bleeding within the nasal tissues.  Since your nose feels differently than it did before, you should call and go in to see your plastic and cosmetic surgeon for evaluation.

Nasal splint question

+1

Your splint is there to protect you from just this sort of thing. Your coughing may have stimulaed additional swelling and you feel this under the splint, but I doubt that you have caused any serious problem. It sounds as though you are following the recommendations of your surgeon very well and you will likely do very well. However, if the pain increases you should go in early for an exam.

William H. Gorman, MD