What is Causing Pressure on my Nasal Bump?

I always feel pressure on my Nasal Bump. I am taking Nasonex for rhinitis but this hasn't alleviated the issue. I'm under Blue-Cross and the doctors seem to diagnose me with upmost haste. Advice would be appreciated in how to deal with this situation. Thank you for your time.

A pressure sensation along the dorsum of the nose (i.e.,“nasal bump”) is not normal

+2

A pressure sensation along the dorsum of the nose (likely what you are describing as a “nasal bump”) is not normal.  If a simple trial of Nasonex spray did not solve the problem, further investigation is likely warranted. 

If your doctor is unable to see anything on direct physical evaluation, perhaps you should consider a CT scan of your nose and sinuses to rule out any nasal mass that might be producing this pressure sensation.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chronic sinusitis

+1

Pressure over the nasal bump can be caused by chronic sinusitis whereby nasal polyps create pressure in the nose and sinus area. A CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses will further delineate the extent of these polyps. The polyps develop from allergies and chronic rhinitis.

See an ENT doctor to make sure there is no underlying problem.

+1

I assume you have not had any nasal surgery. Therefore you should see and ENT doctor to determine what the cause is. If none is found and you want the bump removed that can easily be done.

Nasal bump pressure with rhinoplasty

+1

Skydragoon5,

Have you had rhinoplasty surgery already? Have you injured your nose? There are many, many reasons to have pressure on, in, or around the nose. Allergies and migraine headaches are the more common causes of nasal pressure.

Nasal steroid sprays, such as Nasonex, takes at least 4 weeks of continued use before being effective.

Persistent nasal pressure should be evaluated by a nose/nasal specialist. Good luck.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon