Smaller Nostrils and Bigger Tip After Rhinoplasty

I had Rhinoplasty almost 3 weeks ago, My upper lip is so stiff and my tip looks bigger than before i got it done. All I wanted was my nostrils narrow and my tip a bit smaller! Now I have smaller nostrils and a bigger tip!

I'm so scared it will stay this way. Will my nose ever look smaller and not swollen and stiff?

You need to wait until Rhinoplasty swelling goes down

+2

What you describe is very common after rhinoplasty. The tip appears bigger because the swelling fills it in. The nostrils appear smaller because everything around it is bigger. The whole nose fand upper lip feel stiff because of the swelling.

Swelling usually takes months to go down. Since it has only been 3 weeks since your surgery, you will still have a lot of swelling.

Based on what you have said, and given that I have not examined you, my guess is that everything will be okay.

It can take a long time but it will go down.

+2

It takes 6-12 months for the swelling to go down, so try not to worry about it. It absolutely will get smaller, it just takes time.

Rhinoplasty - nostrils and tip

+1

3 weeks is too soon to tell what your final nasal shape will be.  Your tip looks big because it is still swollen.  I know it's hard but be patient. It will take a few months before you will see the final result. If you have any concerns, you should definitely talk to your rhinoplasty surgeon. I'm sure he or she will be happy to discuss with you any questions you may have.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD