Nose Tip Still Fat and Round After Rhinoplasty with Implant

After 8 months of my Rhinoplasty with a silicone implant, my nose tip is still round and fat. How much more should I wait to see a more fine and narrow tip? Thanks.

Nose still flat after Silicone implant

+1

You're not giving us enough information. Did you have a dorsal implant, an 'L' shaped implant, and implant and cartilage graft, etc.? After one year, if you do not have the result you want then you will most likely need another procedure to further refine your nose to your liking. This is assuming that this is a realistic goal. Your specific anatomy may make it difficult for you to get the result you're after. Talking with your surgeon you should get a good idea of how much more he could do to get the look you want. Best of Luck

Rhinoplasty - tip round

+1

At 8 months after rhinoplasty, all the swelling has gone down and what you see is likely to be close to your final result.  If you have any concerns about the way you look, you should go back to your rhinoplasty surgeon and talk to him/her.  If they think it is appropriate, they may want to revise your tip in a few months.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

One Year is just the beginning

+1

Although we typically advise a year for the rhinoplasty result to "mature" we have found that the tip changes well after a year. Don't get too wrapped up in having a thin tip.....remember Michael Jackson.... Give yourself time to heal....

Richard Gentile, MD
Youngstown Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty tip

+1

At 8 months, you probably are seeing the final result, although there may be slight additional shrinkage up to a year. If you are not happy with the tip, sometimes this can be refined.  If you have very thick tissues, then you probably won't get as a refined tip as you might be hoping for.

You need to wait for final Rhinoplasty results

+1

Rhinoplasty results can take a year to show, especially at the tip. With a silicone implant in place there may be more swelling than in a nose without foreign material. Stay in contact with your surgeon and reevaluate your nose at the one year mark. Your surgeon can help you decide on further intervention if necessary. Be patient and hopeful.

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with Silicone Implant; Tip Still Round and Undefined

+1

Hi Vesper,

Your surgeon is the best source to answer this question. The answer depends on many factors including the nature of your skin, what type of implant, what your surgeon removed, and how you are progressing. You also want to be sure that you do not have a low grade infection, or chronic inflammation.

See your surgeon. In general we usually wait at least a year before considering revision in cases like yours.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Wait one year

+1

Vesperlyn,

Give it a full year before critically evaluating your result.  It may take that long for all of the swelling to resolve.  Beyond that, without knowing the size and type of implant that you had placed and not examining you, it is impossible to offer any further advice.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Swelling in the nose can take a year or more to resolve

+1

It takes up to a year or more for swelling to fully go down following any rhinoplasty, especially in the tip.

The tip is the last part of the nose to "go down" after surgery.

For revision rhinoplasty, it can take even longer. Therefore, you should not be concerned about the sized of the tip of your nose for at least one year.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Silicone nasal implant and tip roundness.

+1

Did you have the silicone implant placed on your tip cartilage or on the bridge?

I don't personally use rubberized silicone implants in the nose because they may extrude. Most, but not all of your surgical swelling is gone by 8 months, so you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Feel free to post / email me full facial before and after photos, and I'll be happy to give you more of my thoughts.

Best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon