Rhinoplasty + Septoplasty, should I get it done abroad?

An ENT specialist diagnosed me with a deviated septum and suggested septoplasty (for blocked nose). I also have a mildy crooked nose and would like to rectify it too. Should I consult with a plastic-surgeon for this instead. I'm currently residing in India and is about to go to the US for my higher education. Is there a difference in getting the surgery abroad? Or should I get it done here, in India? What all procedures would I need to go through to rectify my curved nose? I'm 21 years old, male.

+2
A septorhinoplasty is the procedure that would address both your breathing issues and the changes you would like to make in your appearance. If you're coming to the US soon, you should probably undergo surgery here. If you will be staying in India for the three months or so following surgery you would possibly save some money having surgery at home. Regardless of where you choose to have surgery, make sure that you seek a highly experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

#rhinoplasty candidate

+2
From your photos, it appears that you will be able to see a significant benefit from this surgery. Follow up is important and the best advice is have the surgery performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon with the hope that you will be near the surgeon for an extended period of time to follow up after the procedure. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Septorhinoplasty for cosmetic and breathing improvement

+2
The septoplasty procedure is performed for medical necessity  once it has been documented that there is a deviation creating nasal obstruction. This procedure is usually billed to the patient's medical insurance for medical necessity
A rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time to change shape of the external portion of the nose. Shaving the hump and straightening the crooked nose  can be performed at the same time.
Look for a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience in functional and cosmetic nasal surgery for best results

Rhinoplasty Should Be Done Where You Will Be Long Term

+2
I would recommend rhinoplasty to be performed by a board certified surgeon in the place where you will be long term to be able to monitor your care.  Complications can happen and your surgeon should be available to help you.  

Thanks

Gaurav

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

+2
Based on your photo, you are an excellent candidate for a Septo-Rhinoplasty.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the country when you will be for follow up for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty + Septoplasty

+2
We can def address both of your concerns regarding your nose. You are a very good candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty and in the right hands will have great results. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and schedule a consultation. Do your research, look at the before and after pictures. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Deviatd septum

+2
All of the problems with your nose can be corrected at one operation.  I would find a board certified plastic surgeon or surgeons in either country and go in for a consultation so you can be fully evaluated.  If you are coming to the states for an extended period of time it may be better to have the surgery done here to make follow up easier.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with septoplasty

+2
Rhinoplasty and septoplasty procedures are frequently performed together to address both aesthetic and functional needs. I would consider seeing a rhinoplasty expert which can be either a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon with significant rhinoplasty experience.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon