Rhinoplasty/septoplasty 1 Month Ago. Why is He Suggesting a Revision Already?

I had septoplasty(paid by insur) and rhinoplasty dorsal hump(paid by me) 1 month ago. Doc told me NOT to put that i was having rhino on hospital forms only septo. doctor was late 30min to my surgery. nose is healing even though i still have a slight hump & i know it will be swollen for months but doctor has already suggested that it can be "smoothed" during an in office appt in 3 mos. does he know he didn't shave enough of the bone during surg/rushed? why is it suggested when it is so early on?

Revision for Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty

+1

It can take at least one year for swelling to resolve. I would not expect you to know what the bump will look like for many months. I will not revise a nose for almost one year because there is so much scar it handicaps you as a surgeon form doing a great job. Nobody here can tell you if it was botched, rushed, etc.... Bottom line is ask questions and you will get answers. If you do not like your answers fine another board certified surgeon to evaluate you.

Rhinoplasty/septoplasty 1 Month Ago.

+1

Hi,

Its much too soon to say whether the hump will persist. However, he may be preparing you for a worst case scenario. You will know at the 4 to 6 month point.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately I think your hunch may be correct.  Revision at 4 months after surgery is not typical.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD