Rhinoplasty/septoplasty Post Surgery Trauma. What Should I Do?

6 months after rhinoplasty/septoplasty surgery, I had a soccer ball kicked into my nose. There was some blood and swelling, but I don't think there is major damage. The cartilage however, doesn't feel quite right, it feels like it has moved in the tip and mid portion of my nose. My GP is sending me for a scan, but won't refer me back to my surgeon if the scan shows everything as normal due to having to justify this action to the insurers. What should I do if I feel everything is not right?

Post rhinoplasty trauma. what to do?

+2

The first thing is to change your GP! The advice they are giving you is simply stupid, I'm afraid. Please call your surgeons office, explain that you're 6 months post op and have had trauma to the nose, and I'm sure they'll fit you in for an urgent review - which is what you clearly need.

Good luck.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and trauma

+2

Call your plastic surgeon and get an evaluation. I would not wait for  a study, a pysical exam will be the most important.  Good luck..

Rhinoplasty/septoplasty Post Surgery Trauma

+1

Your GP is being overly cautious. Contact your surgeon's office and I am sure the office will bring you back for an emergency recheck to evaluate what if any treatment is required.

Trauma 6 Months Post Septorhinoplasty

+1

If there is no change in the appearance or nasal function there is no need for treatment. If you're not satisfied with the recommendations of your GP contact your surgeon.

Trauma to nose post rhinoplasty/septoplasty

+1
If you were under my care I would want to see you immediately and would make my schedule open for any emergency appointments. A good physical examination needs to be done. No one knows better then your surgeon what was done during your surgical procedure and how your recovery was up to the point of the trauma. Forget the GP and scan, a simple phone call and appointment should answer all your questions and put your mind at ease! Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Post trauma I feel my nose is different

+1

You must bypass your gp and go directly to your surgeon .He can calm your fears with genuine knowledge. He did the surgery, he knows best trust him