Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty and Still Crooked, What Are My Options?

Had rhino & septoplasty 2 wks ago. Nose was broken 20 yrs back and was a deviated. Cast came off and it looked great....straight. 7 days later my nose now looks almost exactly the same....which is straight on one side and curved on the other. Panicking that all was for nothing. I know swelling can take many months....but a reduction in swelling will make deviation more noticeable. Is it realistic to need revision or what are my options? Thank u.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

The crooked nose is one of the most difficult probems in nasal surgery.  You may not  make it perfectly straight but should be able to improve the problem.  You are in the early post op period and no revision should be considered until one year.  Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Crooked Nose after Septorhinoplasty

+1

Your only option at this time is to wait 9-12 months to determine your final result. You are correct that swelling can distort your appearance 2 weeks after surgery. Hopefully you will not need a revision.

Nose crooked after Rhinoplasty

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty and Revision Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, this sounds like post Rhinoplasty swelling after the cast was removed.  I'd wait for several months at which time you should see the swelling decrease and this may make things looks much better.  As always, it's best to speak with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon about this issue.

Crooked nose again after rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty for a nasal fracture over 20 years can be difficult and the cause of the deviation can be in the nasal bone, the septum, or in the cartilages that support the nasal bridge. It is unfortunate that your nose started out well and shifted back after the first week. Something is amiss and after the nose has healed you may have to consider revision and better support and grafting to hold the nose straight in line.

peterejohnsonmd

Straightening a crooked nose

+1

A crooked nose can be straightened with a rhinoplasty or nose job.  You may simply have some assymetric swelling currently.  I would wait at least 3 months  post op before becoming concerned that this may be a residual cant or deviation to your nose.  At that point, I would seek an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to evaluate for surgery in 6-12 months.  Good luck.

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

As you mentioned, swelling takes several months to resolve then you can consider revision if needed.

Meanwhile, follow up with your surgeon as schedulled.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Straightening a Deviated Nose

+1

A deviated nose is a challenge to correct, especially since yours has been deviated for 20 years. There is memory to the cartilage which must be corrected to keep the nose straight.  There is a tendency for the cartilage to bend back to its original shape. It is possible that some swelling is resolving that is revealing issues or that swelling is persistent in the "fuller" area creating the appearance of the deviation. No matter what the circumstance, you are too early in the recovery process to make any formal judgments.

Stay in contact with your surgeon to follow your progress, but operating too soon could end up not fully addressing the issues.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Crooked nose after septo-rhinoplasty

+1

I am sure you have legimate concerns, However it is way too early to entertain thoughts of a revision. If things do not improve, you may want to consider a second opinion but, for now stick with your surgeon.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Crooked nose

+1

A crooked nose is typically a combination of several elements including; septal cartilage, nasal bone structure and tip cartilage.  It is too early to tell but it is possible you will want a revision if you think your nose looks the same at this point.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD