Rhinoplasty/septoplasty cast is off and I'm unhappy with the results. Should I schedule a revision? (photo)

Hello guys well I had my septorhinoplasty on November 8th and I had my cast removed on November 15. I had a deviated septum and I wanted my nose to be straight and remove my bump on the bridge of my nose. It's been 23 days since my procedure. I notice that my nose is still crooked and I still have a small bump. I want to know your opinions and if I should schedule a revision.

Based on your photos, your nose appears improved after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

Your nose appears straighter, and your tip is narrower. Your nose will continue to improve as you continue to heal. If you have a persistent profile bump, or if your nose isn't straighter over the next several months, you may be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments. My personal preference is to employ Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty/septoplasty cast is off and I'm unhappy with the results. Should I schedule a revision?

+2

MUCH to early to consider revision! Wait at least 4 months to allow swelling to subside.. Than if still unhappy a revision can be considered. BTW the result is nice as compared to the before!!!

Rhinoplasty

+2

I would have loved to have seen your profile pre-op as well. First, it is almost impossible to make a nose perfectly straight. I always tell patients I usually can make it straighter but not perfectly straight. Second some of the dorsal profile issue may be swelling. You will have to give it at least a year anyway to see how things settle. Good luck.

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

I see your concern, but it's far too early to be thinking about a revision. There is still significant swelling present which can vary day to day with sleeping position, salt intake, etc. Express your concerns with your surgeon, and I'm sure he or she will guide you on the best way to manage them moving forward. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Early after rhinoplasty

+2

Most rhinoplasty surgeons will agree that you are still quite early after the procedure and it is too early to make a decision on revision. Speak with your surgeon about his/her thoughts. Good luck!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+2

Your nose is much better, and it is too early to make a decision about a revision.

Early rhinoplasty results

+1

It appears that your nose is improved from the preoperative photos. I would wait for the swelling to resolve. In addition, it takes at least six months to see the final results and even up to a year in most cases. That being said I would discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

23 Days Post Op Septo-Rhinoplasty

+1

I see your concern. It takes weeks to months for the swelling to subside after nasal surgery. You will notice many changes in the coming weeks. Your best option is to follow up with your surgeon often so that he can monitor your healing, and guide you to a complete recovery. Have patience!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD