Should I Get Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, or Both? (photo)

I'm very happy with my nose profile. i was kicked in the nose several years ago, and since then I've had what looks like a deviated septum starting at dorsal bridge, and unbalanced nostrils. Rhinoplasty or septoplasty? Would a septoplasty address the dorsal bridge being off center? The nasal spine appears off center as well. Could it be removed durring a traditional septoplasty?

+1

You may need both procedures to achieve the nasal balance you want.  I will say that nostril asymmetry will never be perfect, but the nose can be straightened and the tip can be reduced as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, or Both

+1

Regardless of what it is called you want to correct whatever anatomic features  you don't like to improve the appearance and breathing obstruction. A septoplasty to improve nasal breathing may necessitate addressing the dorsal bridge, a cosmetic change to move the underlying septum to improve function.

Septal surgery and rhinoplasty?

+1

You may benefit from septal work and rhinoplasty, but it is difficult to say from just one photograph.  An exam in person would be most helpful.

Broken nose and deviated septum

+1

The reduction of a nasal fracture will straighten and realign the nasal bones. A septoplasty will address any functional breathing problems  on the internal portion of the nose and  address any crookedness to the caudal septum or nasal spine. A rhinoplasty is considered cosmetic and will change the shape of the external portion of the nose.