I Had a Rhinoplasty/septoplasty 3 1/2 Weeks Ago Will It Even Out In Time?

My right side profile looks different from the left side profile and the nostrils are shaped different. Will this even out over the months?

Be Patient

+1

Rhinoplasty and septoplasty results should really not be evaluated 3-6 months after surgery and actually some edema can persist for longer.  Some surgeons say wait 12 months before you really can see what you have.

Evaluating Rhinoplasty Results 3 1/2 Weeks Post-op

+1

It is impossible to evaluate your nose 3 1/2 weeks after rhinoplasty. It will change as swelling resolves and healing progresses over  the next 9-12 months. Be patient. 

+1

At 3 1/2 weeks post Rhinoplasty residual swelling can and does chjange the shape of the nose.  This should diminish over the next 6 months, or so.  If a closed Rhinoplasty was performed, the nostril shape should be the same as before the surgery.  An open Rhinoplasty, however can create significant change of shape in the nostrils.

3.5 weeks after rhinoplasty asymmetry

+1

You are too early in the healing process to determine what your final result will be. Unfortunately, it takes several months to a year to see whether you might need a revision. Photos of your nose would be more helpful next time. In the meantime, please be patient. You should see slight improvements with each passing month. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Septorhinoplasty three weeks post surgery

+1
A photograph would be very helpful in giving you a a more definitive answer. Three and a half weeks post rhinoplasty is very early to be determining your final results. Seventy percent of the swelling usually dissipates in the first three to six months with the last thirty percent taking up to a full year. Give your nose some more time to heal and go in and speak with your surgeon and explain your concerns and hopefully he/she can help put your mind at ease during this healing process. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD