Sensitive Nose Bump After Rhinoplasty

I had a nose job to fix a bump on the right tip of my nose. It was really sensitive. I got it from a previous nose job. My doctor decided to shave it down. The bump is still there (barely visible) and I can still feel it. I feel it every moment of every day and it's annoying. The right side of my nose feels very thick and sensitive while the left side is softer and a little wider. My doctor said he had no idea how it got like that in the first place. Is there an injection I could get to get rid of the sensitivity?

Cortisone injections could help

+1

It sounds as though there is a cartilage bump on the right side of the nose. Frequently after a revision rhinoplasty or a primary rhinoplasty the nose will be swollen with edema and for sure will be sensitive. A small shot of cortisone can be placed into that area to decrease the sensitivity and will melt away scar tissue and lymphatic edema in the area the injection is performed.

No, it will just take time to go away.

+1

Rarely, patients have prolonged sensitivity after nasal surgery. If it has been at least a year since surgery, see a rhinoplasty specialist. If it is less than a year, it will probably go away with time.