Itching Tear Ducts After Rhinoplasty

I had Rhinoplasty almost 2 months ago, and I had secondary infection between the eyebrows, and now it's gone. But now, the tear ducts in my eyes itch. I've been told twice it might be hay fever, but I've never had allergies. Why are my eyes itching, near the nose?

Itching after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely this is secondary to your post-operative infection. Ask your rhinoplasty surgeon for referral to an opthalmologist. This sounds very aggravating; although not an emergency, seek assistance in the near future.

Allergies are likely to be cause of itchiness

+1

Itching tear ducts have nothing to do with rhinoplasty and are probably more related to allergies, hay fever, or allergic rhinitis. Medications to try would include prescription cortisone nasal sprays and antihistamine eye drops, and that should take care of it.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

See your doctor to evaluate the problem.

+1

This is not probably due to the surgery. See your surgeon and then if he finds nothing, he can refer you to an eye doctor.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.