Rhinoplasty I Get Too Many Different Scenarios of What I Should Do to my Nose?

I've been contemplating doing rhinoplasty for as long as I can remember. I have gone to a few (at least 3-4places) for consultation and they all tell me a different thing which is why I have not been able to do it. I am confuse and scare and I dont know which is right. No offense to any Doctor but they all claim to be better then their competitors so how do I know which scenario is right for me. Please help me

Rhinoolasty

+2

It is not at all surprising  that you will get nearly a different opinion from each surgeon and that each one tells you they are the best.  From the photos you sent, it is clear that you need the tip narrowed as well as the nostrils themselves by cutting out a crescent of skin along the edge of each nostril.  You would probably also benefit from narrowing the bridge of the nose but breaking the bones.  It has been my experience that the best results come for the simplest approach.  I don't think IQ would try to build up the bridge of your nose with an implant or graft.  It's very difficult to get them to look natural.  You need to go with a surgeon who is experienced and can show you examples of cases he has done which are similar to you.  The temptation is to allow yourself to be talked into having something done that sound overly complex, involved and expensive.  that is usually the situation where the nose ends up looking weird.  Hope this helps!

Web reference: Http://www.edelsonplastic.com

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty and revision Rhinoplasty for 25 years and IMHO, the most important factor in selecting a plastic and cosmetic surgeon, including a Rhinoplasty Surgeon, is their ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive nose and face.  Rhinoplasty experience alone is simply not enough.  

The fact that this "aesthetic understanding" is not common IMO is the reason you get different opinions from various Rhinoplasty Surgeons.  Patients sadly must fend for themselves when deciding which plastic and cosmetic surgeon understands how to make them more attractive.

Aesthetically speaking you have a very low naal bridge and a wide, bulbous nasal tip.  The bridge can be augmented with a straight, silastic dorsal implant and the nasal tip thinned.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Listen to your gut feeling.

+1

Tune out all of the boasting and bragging by different surgeons and ask yourself how you would imagine your perfect nose to look like. No one knows your face better than you, after all. If you know how to medically describe what you want, for example by stating that you want a refined tip or a narrowed bridge for instance, that is wonderful. If not, bringing in a picture of your desired nose is recommended so that you and the surgeon are both on the same page. From there, the surgeon will determine whether or not your desired nose is suited to your face, or how similar a result they can achieve. Again, go with your gut feeling. Good luck!

Conflicting rhinoplasty consultations

+1

It can get confusing hearing so many differing opinions on what to do during your rhinoplasty. In some situations there may be more than one "correct" way to achieve a certain goal.

The best way to find the right surgeon for you is to review their before and after photos (especially in people with noses like your own). You'll probably find that the results of some of the surgeons will stand out as more preferable compared with the others.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty choices

+1

Too many opinions can be a bad thing. 

Its not unusual for skilled Rhinoplasty surgeons to disagree on specific techniques on an individual case. There are some basic ideas that should apply in your case. 

Assume your deviation is corrected. 

Your nose has soft cartilage and thick skin. Unless you want a very very subtle change the you need to ad structure. 

How you add that structure is irrelevant. If septal cartilage, ear cartilage, or implants are used is not the question. That is what you work out with your surgeon. 

Hope this helps you to knock out a few potential surgeons. If grafts are not part of their plan, move on. 

Best of luck

Web reference: Http://newfaceny.com

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Options and Opinons

+1

As you have discovered, there may be several options to consider when choosing to have a rhinoplasty.  When choosing your surgeon, first make certain that he/she communicates well with you.  Do they answer your questions fully and completely?  Do you feel comfortable with them and their staff?  Have they provided you with before and after photos of similar patients as yourself, and would you be happy if you were one of them?  As a plastic surgeon, I would suggest you choose a surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who is a member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS) and the American Society  of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  Best wishes. 

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Rhino

+1

See several surgeons who perform rhinoplasty surgery often.  Look at their results by viewing postoperative photos.  You will gravitate to the doctor that answers all of your questions.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

I can understand your apprehension.  The most important thing is to determine what bothers you the most about your nose to enhance your appearance.  If you are seeking a specialist's opinion about how to improve your appearance, please make sure you seek the advice of a board certified specialist.  Equally important is how comfortable you are with your surgeon and that you share the same aesthetic goals.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Rhinoplasty description of proposed surgery.

+1

Rhinoplasty description of proposed surgery can be dependent on what type of nose the surgeon likes. Why so many opinions I cannot answer since your nose is quite common in California. You have a bulbous tip, wide nostrils and wide bridge. Go to a surgeon who does noses like yours that you like( his results).